Chapter 60 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

Alec and I ran towards Izzy and Jace as we stepped through the portal.

"Charlie!" Izzy smiled, running up to hug me.

"What happened to meliorn?" I heard Clary ask and I quickly pulled away from Izzy pulling my attention to Meliorn who lay bleeding out on the ground.

"Lillith turned into a wraith, one of her wings sliced right through meliorn," Jace said, applying pressure to Meliorns wound. I looked over to Magnus and Lorenzo nodding my head at them; they joined me next to meliorn as we started to heal him.

"So where is Lillith now?" I heard Simon ask from behind me.

"Coming for Magnus and charlie, she wants them to reopen the rift" As soon as Izzy finished speaking, a ball of fire came hurtling towards us, knocking down the wall.

"Seems as though she found us," Magnus said sending a smirk my way.

Magnus, Lorenzo and I all pulled away from meliorn, our magic connecting as we aimed our hands at Lilith, a blast of our magic hit Lilith, but with no effect; alec quickly raised his bow, aiming at Lillith but the force of his arrows did no damage to Lillith.

I turned to alec, both of us trying to think of a plan, as we saw Izzy step forward.

"Izzy don't!" I said trying to take a step forward, but she shot her heavenly fire at Lillith. The heavenly fire hit Lilith, immediately taking effect, and blowing her to pieces. I turned to alec, a small smile on my face but the moment was short-lived as Izzy fell to the ground crying out in pain.

Magnus and Lorenzo quickly tried to stop the heavenly fire encasing Izzy but it wasn't working.

"What if I put the Alliance rune on Izzy? We could bond her to all of us. We could maybe absorb some of the flames. " I said looking to clary.

"How do we know it's not gonna fry us up? Remember, we all have demon blood now. " Lorenzo said, I opened my mouth to speak, but alec interjected.

"We all have Nephilim blood, too. " I gave him a small smile as he knelt down next to Izzy.

" Alec's right. Let's do this. " Magnus said.

"Form a circle. " I said as I grabbed Jace's arm and drew the rune.

"It's too dangerous." Izzy groaned.

" Izzy. If it's the only way to save your life, we're all gonna die trying" Simon said, coming over to me to get the rune.

"You and Izzy huh?" I questioned Simon and he just gave me a small smile, but it was enough for me to know what was going on.

"What are you doing? " Magnus asked as I drew the rune on him.

"We all need to be connected." he nodded, grunting as I drew the rune.

We all stood in a circle, the heavenly fire quickly making its way through all of us. My hand gripped alec's tight as the heavenly fire encased us. I groaned the pain was all over my body, and I felt like I was burning.

"We can do this!" I shouted out as I managed to start to control myself a bit more, and as I said that I was pulled forward, along with everyone else. The heavenly fire left us, creating a beam into the sky before disappearing. I looked over to Izzy, smiling when I realised she was no longer in pain. Simon quickly rushed over to Izzy, pulling her in for a hug. I looked over to alec whose jaw had tensed and he looked as if he was about to move towards them, so I grabbed his arm pulling him towards me; he shot me an annoyed look but I just smiled at his overprotectiveness.

"Isabelle might be okay, but it appears Edom is very much not." Lorenzo cut off the happy moment, making us all lookup. Demons screeched and the sky started to turn black burning the demons with it.

"What's going on? " Izzy asked.

"It looks like the heavenly fire destroyed Lilith. But the chain reaction is destroying the entire realm. "Magnus said.

"Then we should get out of here. " Jace said starting to walk, pulling clary along with him.

"Wait. Don't we have to close the rift?" Alec asked giving me a worried look.

" There's no reason to close it if Edom doesn't exist anymore. " A small smile made its way onto his face as he realised we could be together again.

"Let's go! Go, go, go! " Magnus shouted ushering us. I turned to magnus, our hands connecting as we opened a portal, everyone quickly running in. I turned to run but stopped when I saw magnus not moving.

"Come on!" I shouted at him, seeing edom falling apart. I pulled Magnus's hand and he turned around running through the portal.

 I smiled at Alec's sleeping figure, he looked so innocent and calm.

"Why are you watching me you creep?" he groaned, shielding his eyes from the morning light.

"You're cute," I said as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"So you decide to watch me sleep," he said pressing a light kiss to my lips.

"Hey I was in edom okay, I thought I would never see you again, so sorry if I want to look at you," I said shuffling closer to him. 

"Do you think I'm starting to show?" Alec looked down at my stomach.

"A little bit" I sighed and he moved my head up to look at him.

"You still look beautiful" Our eyes connected before we leaned in for a kiss, not pulling away. As the kiss got more intense alec pulled away.

"Can I take you somewhere today?" I propped myself up on my elbow, looking at me as he laid back.

"And where are we going?" I asked moving closer to his face.

"Somewhere secret" I pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

"Why don't you just tell me now?" I asked, pressing little kisses on his lips.

"I- I can't" he stuttered.

"Please," I said straddling him.

"I-I- Charlie" he warned. I smirked, climbing off him and walking into the bathroom.

"You are such a tease" I heard him shout, making me smile. I walked back, sticking my head out to see him still sat in bed.

"Hurry up lazy, you've got somewhere to take me," I said before disappearing, I heard his feet on the floor as he rushed to get ready.

What is he up to?

Hey guys

So this chapter was a little boring but I'm leading up to the ending. It's absolutely crazy that I'm writing the few final chapters. I will write a big message to you all when the book is finished but thank you all for the continuing support. Remember guys I'm also here if anyone needs to talk.

Love you all