Chapter 50 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

I groaned as someone was furiously shaking me when I opened my eyes it was alec.

"Alec, what are you doing here?" I asked, seeing as it was the middle of the night and Alec and I had decided to take things slow.

"Get dressed I want to take you somewhere" I groaned again diving my face back into my pillow.

"Look you said that I need to make it up to you, so let's go" I pushed myself up and looked at him.

"Couldn't you make it up to me in the morning, when I've had sleep" he shook his head a large grin on his face.

"Fuck you!" I said as I groggily climbed out of bed, quickly putting on a pair of jeans and a jumper.

Alec then grabbed my hand dragging me out the room.

As we reached our destination he covered my eyes, both of us laughed as I stumbled over, him trying to keep me going in the right direction. 

Once we got there he removed his hands and I gasped, turning around and hugging him.

"I love it!" I said looking back at the empty ice rink. When I turned around he had two sets of skates in his hands.

"Shall we?" I nodded grabbing the skates and I put them on relatively quickly while alec struggled so I had to help him.

"How did you even know about this place?" 

"Well I may or may not have asked clary a few years back when we first started dating and I never really had the chance to take you, so I thought why not now" I smiled, placing a quick peck on his lips before stepping on the ice. Alec stood by the ice but didn't actually step on it.

"Are you afraid?" I teased and he shook his head causing me to laugh. I skated over to him holding my hand out.

"I'll look after you" he reluctantly grabbed my hand.

He stumbled around the ice before managing to stay up, but as soon as we started to move he slipped and fell, dragging me with him. I landed on top of him earning a groan as I laughed.

"Holy fuck you can't skate at all" I managed to stand up and got alec up as well.

"Is the baby okay?" I smiled at his concern.

"You broke my fall and it was a tiny bump I'm sure it's fine" alec smiled before we started moving. He clung tightly onto my arm and he started to get the hang of it when his phone started ringing.

He sighed before answering.

"Yep" 

"Uh-huh, I smiled at the annoyed look on his face as he put the phone down.

"We have to go get a sword from a dead body" he didn't look very happy so I took his hands in mine. 

"Let's go it will be fine, I said before letting go of his hands and skating off.

"CHARLIE!" I laughed as alec stood in the middle of the ice. I watched as he struggled to get over to the exit when he got closer I started running away as he tried to get to me with the skates still on. I doubled over, trying to wipe the tears from my eyes as I continued to laugh. He finally caught up with me, picking me up, bridal style.

"I would so kick your ass right now if you weren't cute and pregnant" I continued laughing while placing small kisses on his lips.

"Let's grab the sword and get out of here," Alec said as we entered the grave.

"It's just a dead body, I said shrugging nonchalantly.

"No. I'm squeamish about disturbing a man's grave." I just nodded a small smile finding its way onto my face as he jumped when the grave moved.

 "Easy, he said as we pushed the lid of the grave off.

"Relax," I said as we pushed it off entirely. The dead body clutched onto the sword and with Alec not want to disrupt the grave I went in to grab the sword. However,it wouldn't budge I struggled with it for a bit longer, until I finally pulled the sword out.

"so it's the Morning Star sword? " I blew the dust off the sword examining it.

"Nope" 

- What?" Alec questioned as he looked over at the sword.

"The sheath appears to be authentic. Onyx-plated silver. But the blade, not so much. It's a fake. Someone beat us to it. "

"Jonathan?" I shook my head, hoping that someone good had it.

 " don't think so. Judging from the cobwebs, it's been at least years. There's an inscription.  "Sword of Lucifer, whose might will drive the fallen..." "From the many realms of Hell." With the real sword, Jonathan can summon an army of demons."

When arrived back at the institute and informed everyone about the sword. It was worrying to know the sword was gone. If someone good had it, we had more of a chance of finding it and keeping it safe but in the hands of Jonathon, t could destroy everything.

When we had finished informing everyone alec walked me back to the room.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, he said as he stood outside my door.

"Can you stay with me?" he raised his eyebrows.

"I  feel safe with you" he smiled lightly before grabbing my hand and entering the room.

He came into our room, where all my stuff had been brought. I changed into more comfortable clothes, and alec did the same. I walked with my jumper over my stomach.

"Do you think I'm starting to show?" I said looking at my stomach in the mirror.

"I think you look beautiful" I gave him a look to which he just laughed at.

"No at the moment you aren't but when you do you'll still look as beautiful as you always do" I scoffed.

"You're cringe did you know that" I teased, claiming into bed as alec got into bed wrapping his arm around me almost on instinct.

"You love it don't lie" I scoffed and looked up at him to see he was already looking at me. He stayed silent for a moment before I heard him take a deep breath.

"I love you charlie" I smiled pushing myself closer and further into him.

"I love you too Alec."

Hey guys sorry, his chapters a little boring because it's basically just a filler, but the next chapter will be better I promise. Thank you guys so much for reading. Stay safe and if you need someone to talk to I'm here for you guys. xx