Chapter 42 [3]

charlie's PoV:

The institute was in disarray, ever since the owl showed up and started possessing people it was causing us to be on constant guard.

Alec was also under a lot of pressure so I wasn't surprised to see him with his head in his hands when I walked into his office.

"Hey," I said standing in the door frame. Upon hearing my voice Alec's head shot up and he formed a weak smile. He stood up as I started to walk over to him and we engulfed in a hug, he rested his head on my shoulder as he did.

He gripped onto me tighter as I started to stroke his back.

When we pulled away I saw the stressed look on his face.

"Okay you and I are going to go out tonight or do something to get all this shit off of your mind," I said making him smile lightly.

"You know I love you right?" I pressed a quick kiss to his lips.

"Nah don't think I get told enough," I said, alec chuckling lightly before he started kissing my whole face and saying 'I love you' after every kiss.

"Okay okay, I get it" I laughed pushing him away.

"I love you too" I looked at the whole of him.

"And I love this suit, you should wear it more often" Alec let out a small laugh.

"Really"

"Yes you look fucking hot" 

"Maybe I will if it means I get to spend more time with you in bed" I smirked at him.

"oh if you wear it we are never leaving the bed, ever" He laughed before leaning in and kissing me. We pulled away after hearing a groan. We both turned put heads towards the noise to see Jace.

"Can you maybe fuck him after our meeting?" Jace said grimacing.

"well yes that was my plan" Jace groaned again making me and Alec laugh. I gave him one last kiss before walking to the door.

"To be fair alec she does have a point the suit looks good," Jace said and I spun around.

"Don't go stealing my boyfriend Wayland" Jace let out a laugh.

"Wouldn't dream of it lord knows what would happen to me if I did" I waved goodbye letting out a small chuckle as I left Alec's office.

A little while later I found myself in a bar waiting for Jace who wanted to chat. I stirred my drink looking out the window until a familiar face walked past and through the door. When he sat down I could tell that he wasn't in a good mood.

"Guessing the chat with Alec didn't go well?" I questioned trying to make it sound light-hearted.

"Tell him to lay off I'm not a child" I sighed.

"He cares about you so he's going to worry" he looked at his hands and on instinct I put my hand on top of his clasped ones.

"Things have changed Jace" and upon hearing that he looked up.

"You feel different too?" I nodded.

"Bringing someone back from the dead is always going to have consequences" 

"I know but it shouldn't be this bad right" I shrugged.

"It's different for everybody. Take you and me, you are struggling to sleep and stay focused and I am constantly being ill; our bodies are trying to find a way to cope"

"But I don't feel myself" 

"Jace we died," I said a bit too loud and people in the bar who sat close to us gave us weird looks.

"We died. Part of us is trying to cope with that, it's trying to find a way for us to feel normal again and the other part of us is trying to fight off the feelings we are currently having. It takes time to heal" he nodded.

"Has your magic gotten any better?" I shook my head.

"It comes in waves, some days I can feel my power surging and I feel so strong and I can do anything and then other days I have no magic at all" 

"I'm sorry it's my fa" I cut him off.

"It's a valentines fault. You tried to protect clary and because of valentine's greed for power what happened to you and me was a result of him" 

We spoke for a bit longer until he had to go, I gave him a hug and reassuring him that we'd both be fine but to be honest I wasn't sure we would be. 

I sat in the bar staring my drink for a few more minutes when my phone went off, there was an alert from the institute. I grabbed my coat and sprinted out of the bar, ignoring the looks from people and ran down the alley by the side of the bar. 

"Come on charlie you can do this" I whispered to myself as I tried to form a portal. I cursed under my breath as I had no such luck, however as I was about to give up and run back, I saw the rune I'd drawn before to create a portal. I copied it and as soon as the portal came up I ran through and straight to the central control room.

"What's going on?" I asked one of the shadow hunters passing by.

"The owl was here down in the cells" I thanked him before running off down the hall to the elevator.

When I made it down magnus had just put the prisoner to sleep and portalled her home.

"What happened?" I asked running up to alec as he ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

"The owl came but cured morgan of all demonic possession" I looked at alec confused.

"Why the hell would it do that?" Nobody replied because nobody had the answer.

After a while of sorting everything out, making sure the institute was secure and nobody was injured I went into mine and Alec's room.

He was looking at his clasped hands as he sat on the bed. I walked over and knelt down grabbing his hands.

"I ordered pizza, we can just watch a movie yeah?" he nodded. I moved closer, leaning in for a kiss. When we pulled away I stood up, grabbing his hands and pulling him up with me.

"Can I take your suit off first?" I smiled triumphantly when I heard a small laugh escape his lips.