Chapter 30 [2]

Written: April 2019                       Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

My head was pounding as I walked up the stairs, clutching at the railing for support. I had woken up late, confused as to why alec hadn't woken me up. I stopped on the top step, trying to regain my composure. I felt like pure shit but I pushed myself off the railing and towards the main hub.

"Hey guys" I greeted as I looked down at the screen they were all staring at. They had all stopped talking and it took me a second to realise, I shot my head up to see they were all staring at me.

"What?" I asked before Izzy cleared her throat.

"Charlie this is Sebastian he helped me when a greater demon attacked me," Izzy said throwing a pointed look at the blonde next to her. I nodded, reaching my hand out, which Sebastian took.

"Thank you for helping," I said as he nodded.

"You must be Charlie valentines second daughter" I smiled faintly at him.

"Unfortunately" he let out a small chuckle, the both of us turning to look at Jace when he let out an annoyed grunt.

"Okay, let's focus on finding a way to get rid of Azazel. How do we take him down?" Jace said his eyes flicking over to Sebastian.

"The only way to banish him is to puncture his demonic core" Everyone looked at Sebastian, their eyebrows furrowed. 

"Well yeah in corporeal form, it's between the T8 and T9 vertebrae, but it's not that simple," I said looking at Sebastian.

"Wait how do you know about this" Jace said his eyes flicking over to Alec to see if he knew already.

"I've spent a lot of time, fighting demons and researching them I know my way around" Sebastian threw me a small smile, to which I returned.

"The core is about the size of a pea" Sebastian continued.

"Oh, so the entry point's right below his sternum?" Clary asked.

"Mm-hmm" Sebastian and I hummed in agreement.

"If I get close enough I can kill him" I rolled my eyes at Jace's response. He was always irrational in his plans.

"You wouldn't have the velocity" Sebastian started.

"And even if you did, the defeat is only temporary," I finished, both me and Sebastian sharing a look smiling at our mutual understanding of demons. 

"The nasty buggers always find a way to break out of their realm and come back," he said, however, my attention had been drawn away from Sebastian when I felt eyes on me.

"What?" I whispered.

"Are you okay?" he asked and I just nodded, quickly regretting what I had said a sudden wave of nausea washed over me. I gripped onto the table tightly, trying to keep my balance.

"Please excuse me," I said walking away from the table, I gripped onto objects for support as I tried to make my way back to my room. I was aware of the eyes that followed me, confused by my quick exit. I managed to make it to the corridor when my body gave way and I collapsed to the floor, blacking out on impact. 

 I woke up in the infirmary my bones ached and the headache from earlier still resided causing me to wince while my eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room. I looked over to my left to see Alec talking with Jace, the both of them had stern looks on their faces. 

"Alec" I managed to get out weakly, he quickly turned to face me, his eyes wide as he made his way towards me. Jace gave me a small smile before he walked away to give us some privacy.