Chapter 57 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

I stood around the main console, speaking with Izzy about clary, trying to figure out places where Jonathon had taken us before when Jace rounded the corner.

"Izzy you know the wander woods right?" Jace asked sending a small smile to luke and Simon as they approached us.

"Like the back of my hand. Why?"

"We've got an ambush plan" 

"So you know where she is?" Jace nodded and I let out a sigh of relief, Izzy's hand found mine and squeezed it.

"Count us in. " Simon said.

"Pure Heavenly Fire is deadly to anyone with demon blood. That includes all Downworlders." Jace said looking at me.

"This is Clary we're talking about. " I gave luke a small smile. The thought of Clary being gone was taking a toll on both of us.

"The original Glorious was shattered when Michael used it on Lucifer. This one could be unstable too. " Izzy said turning to Luke and Simon

"You guys are not doing this without us, "Simon said, but when I nodded everyone looked at me.

 "Yes. We are." I said.

"Charlie it isn't safe" 

"She's my sister, if you think I'm not going then you've got another thing coming, also I will be able to know where she is when we get closer to her" Jace just raised his hands in defence. 

I turned around to go get ready to leave, when I saw Alec walking with his mother she smiled when she saw me, her eyes flicking to someone behind me; I turned to see luke a questioning look made its way onto my face as I read the situation.  I looked at luke quizzically.

"We are having a conversation about this later," I said as I walked away to go get my weapons, a small smile making its way onto my face as I saw the scared look on Luke's face.

We stood in the wander wood, hiding behind trees and rocks as we watched the interaction between Clary, Jonathon and the Seelie's. I watched on as Clary picked up the Morgenstern sword.

"Rest easy, Brother... we can finally restore the Morgenstern name. " Clary said inspecting the sword.

" You're not a Morgenstern. You're a Fairchild. " I said running out, standing my ground as Clary and Jonathon pointed their seraph blades at me. Jace and Izzy stood either side of me, standing their ground.

"I told you what would happen if you got in my way again," Clary said looking at Jace.

" That goes for you too," she said then looking over to me and Izzy.

 "We're here for you, Clary... whether you like it or not," Izzy said as she pulled out the heavenly fire sword.

" I'll handle Charlie," Jonathon said as he stalked towards me, Jace and Izzy going after Clary.

"Have fun, Sister," he said as his blade clashed with mine.
 Jonathon moved towards me, and I looked over to see alec stood with his bow aimed in our direction, I saw him nod and I started running back. When I heard the bang I turned around to see a disorientated Jonathon,  I quickly ran over; knocking him down to the ground. I held my seraph blade level with his face, making sure he didn't make a move before ai pulled out the cuffs, placing them roughly on Jonathon's wrists as Alec ran over. 

"Are you okay?" I nodded squeezing his arm lightly.

"Yeah I got away, the burst wasn't anywhere near me" he smiled before pushing Jonathan. I aimed my seraph blade at Jonathon's neck, looking over the bridge to try and get a glimpse fo clary and Izzy.

"They are taking too long," I said worriedly.

"Go I've got him," Alec said, I threw my blade up, alec quickly catching it and aiming it back down at Jonathon as I took off running over the bridge.

Clary had two swords aimed at Jace, Izzy and Simon. I looked down to see the heavenly fire sword, multiple ways this could go wrong flashed through my mind, but now was not the time as she edged closer to them. I picked up the sword running at clary as she turned around to face me, a shocked look on her face as the sword plunged into her stomach. She screamed out in pain, me mimicking her pain as I fell to the floor screaming, the bond between us and Jonathon breaking. Izzy rushed over trying to help as I writhed on the floor.

She went over my iratze rune with her stele, healing me from the stab wound me and clary were currently sharing.

"Why would you do that? What about the babies?" I grunted as she helped me up.

"Don't worry, I didn't aim anywhere harmful, I kind of knew where to aim I've had experience in this field" She just shook her head at me as I turned to face clary. I quickly engulfed her in a hug.

A shout from behind me made my attention move from clary to the sword Jace just dropped.

"Simon" I heard Izzy shout, as Jace and Clary quickly shielded me from the sword as it exploded. 

"Fuckong hell you two are heavy," I said as Clary and Jace moved away from me.

"Guys Izzy has been hit with shrapnel" I quickly stood up running over.

"You are okay, I've got you," I said as Jace helped me get her to her feet.

"We'll get you to safety," I said as Clary started leading us back to Jonathon's apartment.

"Ready?" Clary asked and I nodded, my hands raising and my power surging around me the apartment started moving, I saw everyone grab onto something we moved; air swirling around me. My hands dropped when we halted to a stop.

"We're in Alicante," Alec said

"And in one piece no less" I gave Simon a questioning glance, to which he just raised his hands in defence. A sudden silence took over as Clary and Jace stared at each other.

"Hey Simon come on I'll portal you home," I said and we walked away, Alec saying something else before quickly catching up to us.

I sat on the bed, alec's head resting on my lap as I played with his hair.

"You put yourself in danger today" I sighed.

"I know alec, but I knew what I was doing" my hands brushing through his hair, stopping when alec moved and sat up facing me.

"You can't keep doing this charlie" I nodded.

"I know, but I had to do it, I promise I won't put myself in danger voluntarily" he let out a small chuckle, moving forward to kiss me; when the blare of the alarms went off. 

Alec and I looked at each other confused, quickly getting off the bed and running over to the door when Gia ran in.

"Look outside," she said. Alec and I ran over to the windows.

"Holy shit!"