Chapter 23 [2]

Written: May 2017                     Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

I picked the at my nail varnish as I heard the continuous shot of arrows. I sat beside the door that led to the roof, waiting for the moment Alec decided to come back inside. Tears were clouding my vision and I tried hard not to cry. I let out an exasperated sigh, I just wanted my boyfriend.

"Is he still out there?" I looked up to see Jace, a small smile on his face. I nodded and he came and sat next to me, taking my hand and giving it a light squeeze.

"I tried to talk to him but,"

"He's ignoring you" Jace cut me off and I nodded.

"I'm gonna go and see if he will talk to me" I stood up with Jace, pulling him in for a hug. He seemed to be the only one who actually cared about me at this moment. I'm not one for attention but my mom just died and I needed someone, but Clary had everyone looking after her and alec wouldn't even look at me.

"Tell him I don't blame him, and that I just really want to be with, him," I said as we pulled away.

"Anything else?"

"Tell him I love him," Jace gave me a sad smile as his hand rested on the door handle.

"Alright go get some rest. You've been up here all night." I smiled, nodding slowly completely drained.

"Thank you, Jace," I said before walking away, hoping that Jace would be able to get through to him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Every hit on the punch bag was harder than the one before it, all my anger and stress was coming out and it honestly felt great, I wiped away the sweat on my forehead about to start another round of the punch bag when a voice halted my actions.

"He's gone!" I turned to see Jace running into the training room.

"What?" I turned to him, my eyes wide as I knew he was talking about Alec.

"He jumped off the roof and ran away," he said and I shook my head, collapsing to the floor. Jace came and knelt next to me, undoing the wraps on my hands.

"We will find him, it's going to be okay; you are going to be okay" I nodded slowly as I regained control of my breathing.

"I'm gonna try and call him," I said grabbing my phone with my free hand as Jace undid the wrap on the other one. I scrolled through, getting to alec's number my thumb hovering over the phone button when a call popped up.

"Hey Magnus," I said, shrugging my shoulders at Jace who gave me a confused look.

"I think your sister is going to get into a lot of trouble," he said, the worry clear in his voice.

"Wait why," I asked worriedly.

"She came to me asking if I would bring your mother back to the dead. I refused and now I fear she is doing something far worse" he said and I sighed. I stood up, with the help of Jace and ran over to grab my seraph blade.

"I'll find her. Thank you Magnus" I said before hanging up the phone and turning to Jace.

"What is it?" I shook my head.

"My sister has decided she wants to bring my mother back from the dead" Jace's eyes widened.

"She what?" I just sighed.

"Magnus refused so she must've gone to look for someone else, and I have a feeling alec is helping her" Jace looked at me confused.

"Why?"