Chapter 53 [3]

Charlie's PoV:

I laid in bed, scrolling through my phone, as Alec stood by the mirror doing up his shirt. I scrolled through Instagram, landing on a funny video.

"Alec come see this video," I said trying to suppress my laughter. When Alec didn't respond, I looked up at him; he was just staring at himself in the mirror.

"Alec? " I questioned snapping him out of whatever trance he was in.

"Uh, yeah," he said nervously, spinning round to face me.

"Where did you go? Is something wrong? " he came and sat down next to me on the bed.

"What? No! No. On the contrary. Everything is perfect. " he grabbed my hand and placing a kiss on it.

"So, I was thinking we could have dinner tonight, on the balcony, view of the city. The head chef can prepare something special. "

"Oh, how romantic. May I ask what the occasion is? " Sitting up to be closer to him.

"There's no occasion. I just thought it would be nice. What? I can't do something nice with my Girlfriend? " he questioned kissing me gently.

"I suppose seeing as you still have a lot to make up for. " I teased earning a little nudge on my arm.

"OK. I'll see you... tonight at 8 o'clock! " he said standing up and placing a kiss on my forehead before walking out.

After I had gotten dressed I met clary, alec and Jace down in the prison, where Jonathan was being restrained.

"Hey, so what is happening?" I asked.

"We need to ask Jonathon about the morning star sword but he refuses to speak to us, he'll only talk to you and clary" I sighed, looking at clary who gave me a knowing look.

"Let's go then," I said before grabbing her hand and walking towards the cell. Once we entered another shadow hunter came in and removed his mask.

"Don't worry. I won't bite," he said as Clary and I stood on opposites sides from him.

"Where is the Morning Star sword? " I asked sternly and a smile crept onto his face.

"I missed you too. " I scoffed at his answer, a bad feeling in my stomach.

Where is the sword? We know it's capable of opening a rift into Edom. Is that why you want it? To release demons?

"It's a Morgenstern family heirloom. It belongs in the hands of its rightful owners. Us. " he looked at both of us before continuing.

"Your boyfriends are keeping an awfully close eye on you both, arent they? Do you think they feel guilty about how they treated you?" I looked down and then over to clary who gave me a sympathetic look.

"We are not here to chat, Jonathan. So, if you're not going to answer our questions, we're done. Have fun in the Gard. " Clary finished before she started moving, but I stayed.

"Wait," he shouted after clary, even though his eyes were locked on me.

"I'll tell you everything you want to know... if you just stay here a little longer." he seemed desperate, and I knew he was searching me for sympathy.

I'm listening." Clary said, sending a confused look my way to which I just shrugged.

" I didn't even know the both of you existed, 'til not so long ago.I'd been in Edom for what felt like an eternity"

He then proceeded to tell us about Edom, and how he'd been told about us by Lillith.

"That was the first time I ever heard your names. Clarissa Morgenstern. Charlotte Morgenstern. It was like music to my ears. I felt something that I had never felt before. Hope. " his gaze finally shifted over to clary. I turned around and shot alec a worried look, before turning back round to see Jonathon looking at me again, his gaze piercing into me.