Chapter 19 [2]

Written: March 2017       Edited: February 2021

Charlie's PoV:

"There are some serious risks involved," Magnus said and I looked at alec worried of the effects this would have on him. We were currently stood in alec's room, magnus and I were snuck in, unbeknownst to aldertree arguing about a stone Luke had given Alec which could potentially lead us to Jace.

"What kind of risks?"  Izzy asked.

"The parabatai that initiates the contact, it can be taxing on his body, on his mind," Magnus said.

" Izzy, it's fine," Alec said although he didn't sound so sure himself. I  just stood in the doorway listening to it all. 

"I'm not liking the sound of this, taxing how?" Izzy asked Magnus.

"We're not sure. Of the few people who have tried it, not many have come back to talk about it," he said my eyes widened as I looked at Alec who didn't seem to be fazed.

"Fucking forget it. " I said, walking over to stand next to Izzy.

"He's not doing it. " Izzy said after me, both of us sharing a worried look.

"Don't listen to them," Alec said and I scoffed.

"No, Alec. " I said raising my voice.

"Last time you nearly died and it's not going to be any different this time, we can find Jace another way" he just gave me a small smile turning to magnus when Izzy grabbing his arm pulled his attention back our way.

"I've already lost both parents to Idris and a brother to Valentine. I'm not gonna lose you, too. " Izzy said.

"Izzy, you said it yourself. We have no choice. " Alec said.

"That was before we knew you can die," I said to him. 

"Let's just hope I don't," he said before reaching forward and grabbing hold of the stone, causing both Izzy and I to rush forward in an attempt to stop him but it was too late. Both Magnus and I had managed to catch Alec as he collapsed to the floor.

"Come on alec get up!" I pleaded but he weakly shook his head.

"He needs me, and I can't live without him," he said in a whisper, as he slowly slipped out of consciousness. 

"Help me with him," I said to Magnus and Izzy as I struggled to pull him up to put him on his bed. As soon as we placed him on the bed, he started shaking and sweating heavily.

"Alec!" I rushed to his side, grabbing his hand, Izzy doing the same on the other side of the bed.

"Magnus get me a cloth and a bowl of water" I ordered and he quickly rushed out, coming back moments later. I quickly took the cloth, dipping it in the water and squeezing the water out before pressing the damp cloth against alec's forehead.

"Come one alec" I urged as I pressed the damp cloth against his neck.

"Charlie please help him" Izzy pleaded as he shook. I looked at Magnus.

"Charlie you aren't strong enough" I shook my head.

"I have to try Magnus, I can't let him die," I said putting the cloth back in the bowl, hovering my hands over alec's chest. My hands started to glow and for a second the shaking stopped, and I felt my magic working until it didn't. Alec started to shake again, and I felt myself tiring.

"Come on alec, survive for me" I pleaded as I pushed my magic, I could feel all my energy draining the more I pushed myself.

"Charlie you need to stop" Magnus pleading trying to move me, but I stayed put.