Chapter 4 [1]

Written: August 2016                                               Edited: September 2020

Charlie's PoV :
"Wait up" Alec shouted after me, but I carried on walking.

"What alec?" I asked as he caught up to me.

"I just want to know how you know Raphael" I sighed.

"Alec I already to..."

"Please" I looked at him and sighed in defeat.

"I've known about all this my whole life. Most of my friends are downworlders, I met raph in a fight a few years back. It may not seem like it, but he's a close friend" Alec just nodded and so I sped up, only to be pulled back by alec. I turned to face him.

"Thank you" I just nodded before heading back to the institute.

When we got back to the institute and clary went straight over to the computers.

"Uh look at all this stuff, these screens. I mean can any of this help me find Simon? Where is he anyway? Some kind of crypt in Transylvania ?" I huffed in irritation.

"Actually no. They're at hotel DuMort down in Gansevoort street ."

"And we came back here? Why? We have to go there. Let's go! Come on" she said urging us with her hands to move but none of us moved at first.

"Whose grave is it?" Clary asked.

"Mary Milligan born January 10th 1802 died January 10th 1802" Jace replied. As I walked past the graves reading the headstones arguing between Jace and alec caught my attention
Alec and Jace soon started arguing.

"Hey, Alec ?" They both stopped arguing and turned their heads towards me.

"why don't you help me look over here by the Angel" he looked between me and Jace before he walked over.

"Hey what's the deal with you and Jace you're always arguing " Alec just shrugged.

 "We argue a lot I guess," he said bluntly. 

"What's the deal with you and your bratty sister?" I scoffed.

"Look I get it, my sister can be annoying and right now she may seem bratty but she's alright, you just have to get used to her"

"Well, hopefully, you'll both be gone soon enough" I turned to alec slightly hurt. I know I'd only known him for a few days but he and I were getting along well. I just gave him a small smile before heading over to Jace and clary.

"We're crossing into vampire territory, "Alec said as he walked back over, I could see him looking at me but I ignored him. 

"That's the point," Jace said back.

Alec and Jace started to bicker again when I felt a pull like I had before. I looked behind me towards some bushes but I quickly snapped back to Jace and alec's arguing.

"What are you so desperate to get laid that you'll risk killing us ?" I said annoyed at his consistent flirting with my sister.

"Wow um there's so much in that, that was wrong, I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that," he said being cocky 

"That's the problem you never listen Jace" Alec said.

"Yeah, you need to think of a plan trust me I know the vampires you can't just waltz in without knowing what you're doing I can get you guys in and out it might not be perfectly executed but at least I've got a plan because without a plan you would be dead before you could even pull out your seraph blade," I said to Jace.