Chapter 19

LUFFY'S BIRTHDAY IS NEAARRRRR!!!!

And my stomach hurts so bad。・゚’(*/益\*) ‘゚・。

🏴☠

"Bellmere?" asked Usopp. "And this person raised you and Nami?"

"Yeah that's right. How should I start explaining Bellmere-san?"

Nojiko proceeded to explain about the tragic past of the village and Bellemere. It was heart wrenching to hear that Nami suffered at a young age and still suffering now. And, Bellemere sounds like a nice person. Maybe she's like your mother.

All of you were stunned on what you were hearing.

"Do you know how painful of a choice it was for Nami to decide to fight and survive on her own, at the mere age of 10?" said Nojiko.

The only thing you could mutter out was, "Nami..."

"For the only deal that could save the village, she..." grimaced Usopp.

Sanji fumed, "I'll make whoever makes my beloved Nami-san suffer-!"

Nojiko suddenly punched him in the face, causing him to fall on the ground. She said, "I told you! I came here to tell you to stop! If you make a big fuss about her being your friend, the pirates'll grow suspicious of Nami and her eight years of fighting will be all for nothing! Don't make her suffer more than she has. She has to fight alone so the most painful thing for her is having people who call her their friend!"

Everyone was silent for a few seconds before you spoke, breaking the silence, "...Do you really think that pirates keep their word?"

Nojiko looked at you, "What do you mean?"

"Do you really think Arlong would keep his word? After he saw Nami's talent? For all we know, he could be deceiving Nami!" The Straw Hats and Nojiko were a bit shocked by your sudden outburst. You continued, "If he didn't keep his word, we will have to take action and you can't stop us. Nami is our friend, we won't leave her."

Nojiko remained silent, staring at you, before turning her heels and walked away. Another few minutes of silence passed by.

Usopp stood up, "Alright! Let's meet up with Luffy ASAP!" He glanced at Sanji, whose eyes are closed. "Hey, Sanji! What are you doing?"

"Appreciating happiness."

"What're you talking about?"

"Nami-san's lived with many times the suffering of a normal person. I'm going to take away that suffering of hers. Is there any happiness greater than this?" said Sanji as he blew his cigarette.

Usopp huffed, "Your ulterior motive's way too obvious, Love Cook."

"I'm fighting for a beautiful person. What's wrong with that?" Sanji stood up, eyebrows a bit furrowed.

"That's not what this is for! It's for Nami and the villagers!" said Usopp.

"Shaddup."

Zoro stood up and grabbed his katanas.

"Quit your jabbering and let's go!"

🏴☠

The four of you arrived at the Cocoyashi Village to see Nami crying, yelling for Luffy to leave. It was heartbreaking and sad to see the usually cunning Nami crying. It was confirmed that Arlong betrayed Nami.

Nami sobbed before glancing at Luffy and whispered, "Luffy, help me..."

Luffy placed his treasured straw hat on Nami. He walked away for a few feet and yelled, shooting his arms upward, "OF COURSE I WILL!"