Chapter 8

It's been a week since they've argued. You've been going back and forth from Luffy to Ace and Sabo. You really did not expect it would last this long though. You were now with Ace and Sabo running away from the Tiger Lord. The three of you ran as fast as you could with no stop.

"Why do you always do that?! You always attack so openly!" Sabo scolded Ace.

"Shut up! What about you?!" Ace retorted remembering how Sabo attacked the tiger also.

"Both of you are equally as reckless!" You yelled.

The sun was now setting. The three of you managed to get away from the tiger, barely. You were walking in a slow pace, catching your breath. As if you could collapse any second now.

Sabo sighed, "That was horrible... Let's put some poisonous mushrooms in the bait tomorrow. Oh, wait a minute. He's big but still a member of the cat family... That means catnip might work, huh?"

You laughed at his ridiculous idea. But Ace, however, just continued to walk.

"Huh?!" Sabo raised his voice, demanding a response from Ace. Sabo patted the metal pipe in his back, thinking. "I wonder. how Luffy is doing. It's been a week since he left the hideout. We should have gone to see him now. You know how he is. Maybe the training is too hard for him and is crying, "I wanna go home!" No! Maybe he's dead already!"

You knew he's just trying to get Ace and Luffy to be brothers again. You knew how Luffy is doing, he's fine but you remained silent. Sabo suddenly stopped. You stopped and looked at him, "Sabo...?"

Noticing that both of you stopped, Ace turned around, "What?"

"Don't you care about Luffy? He's your younger brother!" Sabo angrily said at him.

Ace looked away, "I don't care if he's crying or he's dead!"

"Stop being stubborn already, Ace!" You told him.

Suddenly, you saw a large shadow cast on the three of you. You looked in the direction of the shadow and saw a huge, tall tree falling down. You shrieked at the sight of it falling in your direction. All of you ran away from it.

"W-what happened?" Sabo tried to sit up.

"Sorry, sorry!" A familiar voice shouted. "Are you okay? Sorry!"

The three of you got shocked who cut the tree, "Luffy!"

"Ace, Sabo, (N/N)! Long time no see! How've you been?!" Luffy said as he jumped around while holding an ax. Naguri appeared behind him. You giggled at his cheerfulness.

"Uh, well, you know." Sabo laughed in an unsure manner.

🏴☠

All of you arrived where Luffy and Naguri were staying. In front of you was a small plank of wood tied up by a rope connected to the two wooden poles on each side of it. It has a crappy drawing with 'Tiger' written below it.

"What's that? A target?" Sabo sweat dropped.

"Hey, Sabo!" Luffy laughed mischievously. "I'm gonna show you the result of my training! Here I go! Gum-Gum Pistol!"

He spun his arms and then releases it. You really thought it would hit the target, however, his aim was off so he hit Naguri instead. His arm returned to its original size and he gut spun by the force of it.

Sabo laughed, "That's awesome! You couldn't reach that far a few week ago!"

"That's amazing, Luffy!" You clapped, laughing.

"Can you beat that?!" Luffy laughed.

You felt a gush of cold wind and you shivered. You sat on a log, beside the bonfire. You rubbed your palms together.