CHAPTER 40

I was stun, to have heard that [F/N]'s previous wound... the scar had opened up. I was about to go to the guestroom; where [F/N] and Kuro are. Until, Lily stopped me and told me about her wound. I clenched my fist, worried and at the same time anger was filling in me. I said my thanks to Lily before I rush off to the guestroom.

"I should have been by her side..."

~ ~ ~

"These attacks... are different than usuals."

"How so?" Misono walked in the room, just the moment to talk about the recent incident.

"They usually focus on one target at a time, but this time... three at once at different places."

[F/N] stated the recent and previous attacked to be greatly different. I sat next to her, Kuro on her shoulder; we sat on the guest bed(room) that was assigned to us.

"It became more violence, too." I joined in, "Who knew we face with Strength, Speed and Coordinate. Especially, Strength though."

"I know, I already asked you this, but are you okay?" [F/N] reached her hand to check the wound on my head.

"I'm fine. Kuro help decrease the pain, so credit to him."

"Nyaa~" <Cat form> Kuro rubbed his head on her cheeks; asking for praises.

"Yeah. You did very well, Kuro." She giggles to the sight, her hand was now patting his head. Lily came in with some sweets and tea. "Thanks, Lily."

"Though... I can't say that we have lost or not."

With Lily beside him, Misono sat at a large chair; inside the room that was assign for Kuro, [F/N] and I to rest. Licht and Hyde join in later, wanting to know if everyone was fine. The injuries received were severe, but thankfully we still stand for the fight that was upon us.

"We fought hard, yet the result we had was having the enemy escaped... Again."

That's what Misono meant when he couldn't say it was a win or lose. I lean back and lie on the bed, head was already bandage and treated... I wasn't at least felt relieved... but anger... self-pity. My arm covering my eyes, as I over think things.

"Sorry guys."

I retrieved my arm, staring at the back of [F/N]. She sat at the corner of the bed with Kuro and Hyde in their animal form; laying on her lap and enjoy some marshmallow. I wasn't the only one that stare at her as she apologies. Licht and Misono was also following my gaze. [F/N] was hiding her pain in one smile.

"There you go again. Saying sorry." Misono sighs, arms crossed; tired of hearing the same word from her. "No one said it was your fault."

"You saved our butts. There noting to apologise about." Licht added,

"But, I failed--"

"If they said it's okay, then it's okay." I sat next to her,

"You got hurt too."

"What? This thing here is nothing." I pointed my head, "Gotta thank Tsubaki for it too."

"Alright! Let's end it here." Lily clapped his hand, a loud sound took our attention. Suggesting to end our talk there as it was already late. "We have another guest room for you, Lawless's Eve." Lily was referring to Licht.

Everyone was very tired, going to their rooms, Hyde decided to stay with us. Enjoying his stay, in his animal form with Kuro, the two were still biting down the lots of marshmallow before they rest. [F/N] and I watched the two Servamp, can't say it's cute when you knew the true form of their vampire form.