CHAPTER 35

Walking towards a place where the crowds are, the destination ahead was filled with colourful lights. There were food stall and games. This is a festival we're talking about, just like last time I went with Kuro, it wasn't quiet enjoyable but it did bring back memories when I was a kid and Toru bought me here.

This time, I bought [F/N] with. She was super excited even before we left the house. And to my surprise, she said that she had never went to this kind of event. I'm happy I could be the first to go to her to this festival, but somehow... I was kinda worried to what kind of childhood she spend; not that I know too much about it. But I hope to wait for the right time where she'll tell me all about herself; even if it's good or bad.

We stop at a bridge, and to how I remembered the last time I came here, Shamrock, Tsubaki's subclass, gave me a suitcase that had a bomb in it. The thought of it passes my mind, but since all is done, I could say it was the nerve-wracking moments of my life. [F/N] took my hand, trying to rush ourselves to the festival. But the excitement she felt was enough to bring smiles to my lips.

"Come on, Onii-chan. I heard they're going to launch beautiful fireworks, too." She utter, eyes sparkling as she said.

"I know that you're excited but calm down." I tried to calm my little sister that kept dragging me by the hand.

"The festival is great..." We heard Kuro's voice and immediately turn to the source of the voice. In his vampire form, Kuro had done his stroll around the festival and hands were packed with foods. A sense of deja vu came to me, as the sight was the same as last time.

"Well, aren't you quick on your feet." I said to Kuro, he was enjoying and savouring the varies food he got.

"No fair! Kuro got ahead start." She cooed, letting go of my hand and then she dash off to the festival.

"H-Hey! Don't just run off by yourself!" I chased after her,

"I'll be here." Kuro said, taking a bite of a candy apple. Enjoying his time alone with his food. "Yummy~"

I chased after her as quickly as I can and hope that she doesn't go to deep into the crowd or else, it'll be hard to find her in a huge number of people. I saw her right before she could enter the crowds, seeing her next to me; I can totally see she was really ready to what kind of food she'll stuff in her tummy. Turning her head from right to left, watching the varies food that are prepared by each stall.

"Cotton candy, grilled squid, ice flavoured toppings...." She was going on with every food she saw,

"How about the games?" I suggested,

"That too, but the food though."

'Yup, she's sets her mind to only have the foods.' I thought, seeing her from food stalls to another. She was going on with the foods until she suddenly stopped, turning her gaze to me. She walked back to me, took my hand in hers and we walk side by side at the festival. I felt happy to know that she always remember someone close to her even if her mind was filled with other stuff (sometimes, depends on her mood).

. . .

Hands were empty, Kuro had finish his food. Waiting for the two to come back, familiar faces appeared in front of him. The coffin was extremely noticeable to eyes around with the sign to promote a certain business. Pride came in his vision with his bat form, until he transform into his vampire form.

"Oh... Hey, Old Child." Kuro respond in his usual tone,

"Funny to see you in this kind of atmosphere." Hugh tried to laughed it off but ended up coughing. Tetsu carries Hugh on his shoulder as he transforms back to his bat form.