CHAPTER 2

"Mahiru, let's go home together!" Sakuya shouted from outside the classroom, I nod and then looked at [F/N].

Kuro was sleeping on her desk so I came to ask if she wanted to walk home together, too. "Is Kuro any trouble?" I looked at Kuro sleeping, she shook her head.

"No, Kuro was sleeping more than I thought." she said while collecting her books and place it inside her bag.

"Um..." I wanted to say but words stopped coming from my mouth. Suddenly, Sakuya came from behind and do the asking.

"Hey, [F/N]. Want to walk home together?" Sakuya asked.

"Sure." she gladly accept,

"I wanted to ask you that. By the way that's Sakuya, Sakuya Watanuki." I said, pointed at Sakuya, who's behind me.

"Nice to meet you, Sakuya." she said, Sakuya slightly smiled to her when she greeted him friendly.

"You too. Then let's go." Sakuya walked out of the classroom. Both of us then followed from behind, placed Kuro on my shoulder.

"Kuro, stop lazing around." I try to wake Kuro up, he looked away and meowed. [F/N] looked at me talking with Kuro,

"Kuro sleeps a lot in the day but how about at night?" she tilts her head while looking at Kuro, who's half asleep,

"He's a little active in the night." I answered.

It's true though, he transform into a vampire and plays video game until late night. But I can't say that.

"Mahiru?" [F/N] called when I was thinking about how Kuro behave at my house. She was already walking towards the door but stopped when she saw I spaced out, thinking.

"Sorry, I was just thinking about something." I shook my head and followed them as I was falling behind.

.  .  .

On our way home, Sakuya was the one who talked much while we walk home. Kuro was quiet, of course, lying on [F/N]'s shoulder (he suddenly changed places). Sakuya asked a lot about [F/N].

"So, your parents died in your early age and you're an only child." Sakuya repeated, he felt sorry for [F/N] but still kept his ears open.

"You're living alone. How about your close relatives?" I asked since I was also curious.

"No. Even if I had, I'm better off being on my own than relying on others." [F/N] said,

Sakuya and I listen to her life storied. Everything that she said didn't hide any lies. So, to put it simple, she is like me but worse. I'm living alone while I still had my uncle. My hand reach towards her head and slightly pats it.

"Don't worry about being alone. You have us now, and friends stick together." I said and retrieve back my hand from her head, [F/N] widens her eyes but soon she showed a sweet smiled.

"Thanks, Mahiru." she said,

All the talking made our walk home short. Listening to her life story, we reach at the path where I will be separated away from them.

"Well, this is my path to go home." I stand towards the path opposite side of where Sakuya and [F/N] is going.

"Mahiru's house is this way?" [F/N] asked,

"Yeah. Speaking of home, where do you live [F/N]?" I asked since I didn't know too detailed about where she lives.

"I live at an apartment near a famous building." she said, she didn't remember the name of the building so she just said it simple.