CHAPTER 21

Kuro and I hang out with Ryusei, Sakuya and Koyuki at Ryusei’s place. We talk a lot but I still can’t shake the part where I’m worried about [F/N]. Kuro was sleeping through all our conversation. Suddenly, a question that made me jolt was ask by Sakuya,

“Mahiru and [F/N] are always together even before the contract about them being siblings but... somethings fishy.” Sakuya was looking at me with the face that said ‘I’m enjoying it’

“Yeah. We had talked with her but not as close as Mahiru.” Koyuki said,

“Even if we’re all together like walking home, she talks to Kuro more like the cat itself is a human.” Ryusei said,

I was speechless about what they thought about [F/N]. She wasn’t really avoiding them but actually she’s shy.

“Really? But she talks a lot with me.” Sakuya said,

“Only with you and Mahiru.” Ryusei inform.

“Oh, Right.” Sakuya agreed, scratching the back of his head.

“Maybe... she’s just shy.” Koyuki explained by his own view.

“Shy? About what? That we’re guys? Not changing the fact that her brother and Sakuya are also a guy.” Ryusei said his words,

I didn’t know that our conversation turn out to be a gossip about a girl. I stood quietly listening even though I didn’t answer their question, another came and that made me relieve.

“But, you know. [F/N] had always been an attraction since she came.” Koyuki said, remembering the first time she came in to the school.

“Well, what can be ignored when she has the quality of an idol.” Ryusei said, “An athlete, a top 10 student and even cute.”

“You can say that again.” Sakuya said, as it ended they looked at me.

“So lucky to have a little sister like her.” Koyuki compliment.

“And her brother is talented in house chords.” Ryusei added,

“A combination of indoor and outdoor talent within them.” Sakuya added another,

The three of them sigh as I get all the goodness of life. I can’t change what I have now, even though it made me more happier than ever.

.  .  .

Time flies fast when you’re having fun,

“Well, I have night shift in my part-time job.” Sakuya said, he stand up and went towards the door.

“I think, Kuro and I should go too.” I said, looking outside the window. It’s nearly dusk. “Thanks for having us visit.” I left the house,

Walking out the house, I wanted to text [F/N] but notice the changed of the day. It almost night time and it’s dangerous to be walking around at night, I mean literally. Walking while typing out words for the message, Kuro transform into his vampire form. He looks around, sensing something wasn’t right. I feared for the worst.

~ ~ ~

At Licht’s house, he played the piano for [F/N] to listen. It had been the fourth song already and she couldn’t be more impressed by Licht’s skill. They already talk about Licht’s Lead, that is a pair of powerful boots which can slow the regeneration abilities of vampires he kicks with (mostly used on Hyde), and a Grand Piano which he can play various songs on, with often debilitating effects on those who listen to them. With such amazing and useful Leads, [F/N] was even more impressed. But since Hyde lost his power, Licht's Lead seems to become deactivated. She told them about her Lead too, the four Lead that was given by the Inner demon.