CHAPTER 20

This chapter is just a recap based on the anime/ comic.
But still, I hope you guys enjoy it.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Waiting for [F/N] inside the cafe, Licht look at his phone, though he knew that some of the people inside the cafe are staring at him. Either the hedgehog, that sat beside him or his appearance, but actually it’s both. As [F/N] arrived, they saw her coming in. Texting her for direction on where they sat, she came while reading the text.

“Sorry. Am I late?” she sat down, in the table of three chairs.

“No.” Licht answer, staring at her. “You look great.”

“Thanks.” she smile because of his compliment.

“Um---”

Distracted by the view of people staring at them. Licht have had it, he stand up from the chair and hold [F/N]’s hand.

“Let’s go.” He pulled her up, even though she had just arrived.

Didn’t forget about Hyde, [F/N] hold him in her hand. The needles on Hyde’s hedgehog form wasn’t spreading so it’s easy to hold him. Leaving the cafe, they went straight towards Licht House.

. . .

Entering the house, it was huge. As suspected, it was luxurious. Licht let [F/N] make herself at home, sitting on the couch at the living room, there, it had a piano on the corner. But on the other hand, [F/N] got worried about Hyde.

“Onii-chan, are you okay?” she asked. He was quiet from the start that they met up at the cafe.

“I’m fine.” <Vampire form> Hyde sat next to her after he transformed. “Just a bit tired.”

[F/N] holds Hyde’s hand and as she guessed, he’s tired not because some work or something but from his weak body. Hyde notice she was worried about him but he just put on a strong front and pat her head.

“Just like Ophelia.”

[F/N] didn’t know who was Hyde talking about, hearing the name of it didn’t ring a bell. Licht came from the kitchen with some cans of soda. Puts the drinks on the table and sat down,

“So, where should we start?” Licht rested his chin on his hand.

“Let’s see.” She tried to think. “How about. When you two met.”

“Oh. I met the stupid rat when I was at Austria, for my performance.” Licht face wasn’t showing that he cared about his past meeting with Hyde.

Licht said that he met Hyde when he was outside the country, as he said that he had a performance there. On his break. He took a stroll only by coincident (or not) he met the white and black hedgehog. "Do you like Piano?" was the first thing he ask to the hedgehog. He jump excitedly, Licht soon gain interest towards the hedgehog. Lifting him up, that's where their contract between Eve and Servamp was made. Taking the hedgehog in, after his performance was settled, he encounter a stranger in his room. Truth he said, he was the hedgehog that he, himself pick up. Licht didn't believed at first but when he threw down the object that was given from the eve to his Servamp and a name was place there 'Hyde'.

“Was that okay?” Licht ask about his explaining ways about first meeting with the Servamp Greed. [F/N] nod and smile towards his wonderful(?) story meeting with Hyde.

“Okay!” Hyde burst out with joy. He became his usual-self, “My turn~!”

Hyde tells his story about his previous Eve, before he met Licht. Hyde’s personality is extremely unstable, as he said it himself that he has no interest in the value of human life and is often prone to brutally slaughtering anyone in his way before he met Licht and shown a deeper knowledge in others even lost his power (meaning changes of personality). He even told the truth about his habit of killing his Eves if he gets bored of them, most of them. Before that habit even active in himself, he had an Eve, a Princess. He serve the Princess with it's contract, Ophelia. [F/N] widen her eyes to hear that name since Hyde had said it the third time towards her. Continuing the story, Hyde had fallen in love with her. Trying to protect her from the enemy neighbor, she refuse, her choice was to bring peace to the country by marrying the enemy’s Heir. Hyde knows the enemy’s true attention, even told Ophelia about it, but she still refuses. After the marriage, Ophelia’s wished to bring peace falls apart when the country that she tried to bring peace was tricked after she was sentenced to death. It traumatize him and that’s where his habit to kill his own Eve over boredom continue but stop as he met Licht.

“So, that’s it.” Hyde said with a joyful smile.

[F/N] was sad to hear his story, knowing all that she felt the pain that Hyde had been through. Looking at Hyde’s face that shows that his happy, had shown what's hidden inside him. Regret, sorrow, and pity.

“Little sister.” Hyde called for her, “Have you learn the truth about why our creator died?”
As Hyde ask, [F/N] was full of curiosity and shooks her head from his question.

“Okay. Listen well, My little sister.” Hyde said, holding her ears.

As Hyde had inform, he tells another story about their creator. The creator of the Servamp, their father and yet [F/N]’s savior. Long ago, the Seven Servamp had a meeting. The conversation was about their kind, that will be threaten by the group call C3. They had a difficult time, The C3 will take action if their kind increases. The creator didn’t know or care, but the Seven Servamp knew they had to stop him. Can’t reason of talk properly with their creator they didn’t have a choice but to kill their own creator to stop from their kind to increase. Decided their plan as the majority on willing to kill their creator is 4/7(Kuro, Hugh, Jeje and Wrath) while the decline plan was only 3/7 (Hyde, Lily and Gluttony), they thought for one of them should kill their creator. And the final decision was made, Sleepy Ash, The oldest among the Seven of them, Kuro said it himself that he will kill their creator. The Servamp that didn’t want their creator to died was offended, including Hyde. Kuro killed their creator and it became an event that all of them remembered for the rest of their life.

“The End.” Hyde ended his story with a bang. Another fake self of him enjoying the story.

[F/N] was just quiet, listening to the story and same as Licht, that didn’t care. [F/N]’s feelings wasn’t settle when seeing Hyde in a good mood.
“And--”

“What do you mean?” Hyde played dumb. [F/N] narrowed her eyes looking at Hyde. “Okay. Okay.” Hyde surrender, lifting both his hand up. “To be honest, at first, I was really mad that our creator is dead in the hands of our own brother. But when we talk things out, it went well after.” Hyde said, he didn’t smile but [F/N] knows it’s the truth. “But I still hate remembering that event.”

“I see.” she said, satisfied with the answer. “That’s good that things went fine.”