CHAPTER 38

"HOLD ON! I'M GOING THERE!!"

[F/N] and I said it in unison; as the call ended. Both of us turn to each other, guessing the situation of both of our friends are in trouble. But it was a question to us that the enemy intend to attack at the same time in different places.

"Misono and Lily needs help." I stood up from seat.

The others stares as they heard me. Moreover, [F/N]'s neck - where the contract was made between eves - was glowing red. It was a sign of danger to her eves encountered. [F/N] knew it since it was the same feelings when Kuro and I had encountered an enemy. She stood up, and in exchange I was back sitting at where I was.

"You and Kuro are staying here." She said; placed her hands on my shoulder to make me sat back on the chair.

"What?! You're going alone?!" I refuse to follow, but it was sooner than that I notice the red glow on her neck was starting to darken.

"Just... this once." She requested; taking a deep breath before continuing. "Please listen to me just this once, Onii-chan." She held her neck, seeing the colour changes was the same as the pain kicking in hard.

I began to worry, it was like she was enduring the pain. I couldn't say more after she requested for me to not go with her. The others only watch as the scene goes; none tried to interrupt, even Kuro. But it would be a lie if they said they wouldn't care about what's happening.

Suddenly, her breathing became heavy and the glow around her neck became more visible and somehow more painful. Her fangs was slowly revealing when she opened her jaw slightly yet conspicuous.

[F/N] didn't want to stay any longer, "Stay in a group." She said before dashing out of the building.

"Wait!" I tried to reach out to her as I shouted, but a hand stopped me from proceeding.

"You heard what she said." Tsubaki smiled as he stopped me,

I didn't want to waste any time and tried to push Tsubaki away. But instead, it became more harder for me to chase after her as Sakuya holds my shoulder; doing the same reason with his master. I fight back, but nothings working. I wasn't giving up, all I could feel now was worried and anger inside me.

"Mahiru!" Sakuya shouted on my ear; trying to snapped out of my emotions. I stopped; my breathing was heavy after the struggling. "Think about it? There must be a reason she did what she had to." Sakuya reasoned; letting go of me as he was sure I calmed down.

"I... don't know..." I stood there and looked down on the floor. "What is happening... Why?" My words was like whispering, and I somehow realized that tears we're slowly flowing out of my eyes.

Kuro was only staring at me from my shoulder, he knew I was troubled and later he sighs. What a SisCon. Then again, the both of them care for each other too much. he thought, a tad of concern on his eve.

"I sense a dark aura around her." Kuro explained, "Since she wasn't on her guard to stand and protect her eves..."

"She somehow received a tad punishment." Tsubaki continues from where Kuro left off. Tsubaki knew what was becoming to [F/N] from where the collar - contract - had glowed and changed colour.

"What kind of punishment?" I asked; afraid that what I guess is exactly what the answer is. Kuro stood silent like the others and Tsubaki just went with a shrug.

"Who knows? Might be interesting." Tsubaki was starting to guess more interesting things that might have been the punishment she received.

. . .