CHAPTER 9

At my house, we finished having dinner. [F/N] sat down on the living room couch, watching Kuro play games. I finished doing the dishes and sat next to her after.

[F/N] sat, hugging her knee, as she watched Kuro. [F/N] was happy, maybe because she didn’t felt lonely anymore, same goes to me too. Having Kuro with me made my life less lonely and now with [F/N] with us, things gotten more better.

“Mahiru?” she looked at me. I came to my sense after I spaced out things too much.

“Wh-what is it?” I stutter and looked at her,

“Are you okay?” she tilt her head, looking worried.

“I’m fine.” I then remember that I wanted to asked about Kuro. “Kuro, about the meeting.” I asked, but got immediate answer.

“Don’t think too much.” Kuro said while playing games. “I asked for their help in solving our problem about the unknown man.”

“Oh. I see.” I remembered what Mikuni said, “So, that’s why Mikuni offered to help. He knew it and quickly wants to meet [F/N].” I then looked at [F/N], “But that was a bad idea to run off following JeJe.” I warn her again.

“I’m sorry.” [F/N] tighten her embrace on her knee, “But the good thing is that I met one of the Servamp since today was cancel to met the one that you mention.” she reminded me.

I agreed with her, but I still don’t want her running off again. Seeing her disappeared from us when I was busy dealing with Kuro made my heart stopped at that time. Who knows what might the enemy will plan to kidnap her again.

“We’re going to Lily’s tomorrow too.” Kuro inform.

“Another meeting?” I asked,

“No. The others wants to see [F/N].” Kuro said, eyes still focus on the screen but said what he wanted.

“See her? Why?” I asked, is it even necessary to meet her? I wanted to know.

“They want to see her in person so they could confirm themselves to help.” Kuro said, it convinced me after.

“Well, our task has yet again finish.” I lean back on the couch. “Tomorrow, you’ll meet all of the Seven Servamp. All at once.” I said to [F/N]. She was happy and can't contain the smile she was hiding.

After that I went to bed, I wanted to take the couch but [F/N] said that she want to sleep there. I hesitated at first but then Kuro let her since he’ll be there on guard while playing games. I brought blankets for her, but as I came she was already asleep. Covered her with the blanket,

“You sure that you won’t be sleeping?” I asked Kuro again, he didn’t answered me but he was busy with his game so I guessed that he’s staying up all night.

~ ~ ~

At night, [F/N] suddenly woke up from a dream. She sat up and breathing heavily, remembering back her dream. Sweat nearly covered her entirely, when suddenly a hand hold her shoulder. She jolted but when she looked at the person,

“[F/N].” Kuro looked at her,

“Kuro.” [F/N] hugged Kuro. Kuro was surprised by her sudden embrace but when he realize that she was trembling, he pats her head to calm her down.

“[F/N].” Kuro take a looked at her, she had calm down a bit. “A nightmare?” Kuro asked and she nods slowly.

Kuro slowly lie down [F/N] back on the couch, he sat down next to the couch near her. [F/N] turn to Kuro’s side so she could see him. Thinking what to say, Kuro wanted to asked her about the dream she had. But all he could do is watch her and evade unnecessary questions.