Chapter 40: Shattered

Start from the beginning

"That depends on the Chancellor!" Mace said.

"What do you mean?" Ahsoka asked.

Mace turned and glared at Ahsoka.

"I'm sorry, citizen, these matters are for the Council to discuss!" Mace said with a bitter tone.

"I understand!" Ahsoka said.

Then the Council members leave the holo-call, except for Yoda.

"Ahsoka, Darrel, more to say, have you? A message for Skywalker, perhaps?" Yoda asked.

Ahsoka was about to say something, but hesitated. Yoda noticed, so did Darrel and Rex.

"No, Master. Thank you. We'll tell him ourselves when we see him!" Ahsoka said.

"May the Force be with you, Padawan Tano, and you as well, Darrel!" Yoda said as the holo transmission ended.

"You didn't tell them what Maul said about General Skywalker!" Rex said.

Ahsoka looked at Rex and sighed.

"No... We didn't!" Ahsoka said.

Later outside on the docks at Sundari, Bo-Katan and Ursa Wren escort Maul, encased in a Force-proof capsule, to the transport.

"What a magnificent device!" Darrel said.

"I suspect even Maul couldn't get out of there!" Ahsoka said.

"What is it anyway?" Darrel asked.

"A relic of a bygone era when Mandalorians had reason to imprison you Force-wielding maniacs!" Bo-Katan said.

"I thought your sister outlawed such devices!" Ahsoka said.

"She did, but this is the last one!" Bo-Katan said.

Ahsoka and Darrel turned to face Bo-Katan eye to eye. They both shook hands.

"Goodbye, Ahsoka Tano. Goodbye Darrel Pullie!" Bo-Katan said.

Then the two boarded the transport and left the planet. Enclosed in the Mandalorian capsule, Maul watches as Ahsoka and Darrel talks to Rex. The transport lands in a Venator-class Star Destroyer, and the clone troopers escort the capsule to a detention cell.

The clone officers salute Ahsoka and Darrel as they walks onto the bridge, and the ship jumps into hyperspace. Ahsoka and Darrel stare into hyperspace deep in thought.

"Something on your mind kids?" Rex said.

"As a Jedi, we were trained to be keepers of the peace, not soldiers!" Ahsoka said.

"But when you think about it, all we've been since being Padawans was soldiers!" Darrel said.

"Well, I've known no other way. Gives us clones all a mixed feeling about the war. Many people wish it never happened! But without it, we clones wouldn't exist!" Rex said.

"Well, then perhaps some good has come from all of it!" Darrel said.

"The Republic couldn't have asked for better soldiers, nor I a better friend!" Ahsoka said.

Rex smiled.

"I agree!" Darrel said.

Then Ahsoka and Darrel salute Rex, he saluted back. Then a Republic officer comes in.

"Commander, the latest briefing has come in!" He said.

Rex turned to the teenagers.

"Want to have a look? It might have an update on General Kenobi's efforts!" Rex said.