Chapter 8: The Citadel

Captured! Returning from a perilous assignment in The Outer Rim, Jedi Master Even Piell's cruiser has fallen under attack, and been boarded. Seeking vital information he carries about secret Hyperspace lanes called The Nexus Route, Separatist forces have taken him alive. Now the Jedi are preparing a stealth mission into the heart, of separatist space in an effort to rescue Master Piell. From the deadly prison known as, The Citadel. In the Jedi Temple War Room, a few members of Jedi Council were having a briefing meeting to save Master Piell, Captain Rex was also in the meeting via hologram.

"As you are aware, The Citadel is their most Isolated, and impenetrable Detention facility. No one has ever escaped." Plo stated.

"There's a first time for everything!" Anakin said.

"Indeed there is." Obi-Wan replied.

"Their security has prevented our probes from obtaining recent reconnaissance, so we've been forced to construct a crude map based upon data from the archives." Plo said.

"And since the data is extremely old, the map will be difficult to rely on." Obi-Wan added.

"So we're essentially going in, blind." Anakin said.

"I Beg your pardon, Generals, But how do we know Master Piell is still alive?" Rex asked.

"The Separatists won't dare kill him until they have what they need." Obi-Wan replied.

"He obtained the coordinates of a secret Hyperspace lane Known as The Nexus Route which travels into the heart of both The Republic and Separatist homeworlds." Plo said.

"They could prove vital in maneuvering our forces deep into remote Separatist sectors." Obi-Wan added.

"Or the enemy could use them, to slip through our defenses, and attack Coruscant."
Anakin added.

"These Hyperspace lanes are of immense interest to both our sides and could tip the scale of the war to whomever is in possession of them. That is all." Plo said.

A few moments later, Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Plo left the briefing room and started walking to the hanger.

"Based on the archive schematics, we've narrowed it down to Three possible locations they could be holding him at." Plo said.

"My greatest concern is, infiltrating their outer security. the life-form scanners will not. Be easy to fool." Obi-Wan added.

"I've got a thought about that." Anakin said.

Then Ahsoka and Darrel came up behind Anakin, and the three Jedi Masters.

"Master, I'm sorry I'm late. We've just heard about the briefing." Ahsoka said.

"Where were you both?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Just hanging out." Darrel replied.

"So We're going to rescue Master Piell, right?" Ahsoka asked.

Plo and Obi-Wan looked at the Padawans, then they looked at Anakin.

"You three have much to discuss." Plo said.

Plo, and Obi-Wan left Anakin with the Padawans.

"Ahsoka, I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier, but you're not coming along on this one." Anakin said

"Not coming?" Ahsoka echoed, "But your breaking into the Citadel no one has ever done it!"

"The Citadel wasn't made for common criminal, it was made to hold Jedi if any of us lost our way. It's not a place for padawans." Anakin said.