Chapter 23: A War on Two Fronts

Separatist takeover complete! Another Republic planet has fallen. Onderon has seceded to the Confederacy of Independent Systems under the rule of a new king. However, a small band of rebels have taken refuge deep within the vast and savage wilderness. From an abandoned outpost, they plot to take back the heavily fortified capital city of Iziz and end the Separatist occupation... Two of the Rebels, Lux Bonteri, and an older rebel named Saw Gerrera, contacted the Jedi Council for support. Saw and Lux's hologram images appeared in the Council room.

"Unfortunately, the only way to reclaim Onderon will be through armed struggle. But we lack sufficient hardware and supplies." Lux said.

"Onderon is in your king's rule. And at the outbreak of the Clone War, he chose to align it with the Separatists." Obi-Wan said.

"Our true king has been silenced. The one you recognize is a traitor, and a Separatist minion." Saw replied.

"We need your help to survive this." Lux pleaded.

"Find a way we shall." Yoda replied.

"We await your answer." Lux said in relief.

Then Saw and Lux's hologram images faded away.

"There are pockets of rebels on many of these planets that just need guidance. With training and resources, they could attack soft targets while the Republic continues to engage them on the battlefield." Anakin said.

"That sounds like terrorism, Anakin." Obi-Wan replied.

"Well, I think of it as an insurgency to help realign these planets with the Republic." Anakin said.

"We can divide the Separatist forces and press them on two fronts." Mace said.

"A means to an end fear cannot be. Stop those who spread terror the Jedi must." Yoda said.

"Indeed. Anakin, what you're suggesting would open up dangerous possibilities. And we must not train terrorists." Obi-Wan said.

"Eh, rebels." Anakin replied.

"How we conduct war is what distinguishes us from others. Funding rebels to overthrow a legitimate government puts innocent lives at risk." Obi-Wan said.

"We can minimize collateral damage by using arms that mainly affect droids." Anakin said.

"The least we can do is help them defend themselves, test the tactic while we're at it." Mace suggested.

"This could be a great new weapon for us." Anakin thought.

"Hmm. Train and observe. Send advisors we will." Yoda said.

"I'll assemble a team." Anakin said.

"I'm going with you." Obi-Wan said as he rose from his seat and came towards Anakin.

"What, you don't trust me?" Anakin asked sarcastically.

"Too much. That's what worries me." Obi-Wan replied.

"Should Darrel join us?" Anakin asked.

"Yes, indeed." Obi-Wan replied.

Meanwhile, Darrel was in his room putting on his Corellian Flight Suit on, getting ready for the mission on Onderon. Then, someone was knocking on the door. Darrel turned around to open the door, it was Obi-Wan.

"Are you ready?" Obi-Wan asked.

"Yes, sir." Darrel replied.

Darrel takes a DT-29 Heavy Blaster Pistol from his desk, and puts it in his holster. He also packed a good amount for the blaster, then he left his room,
Obi-Wan followed Darrel out and shut the door to his room.