Chapter 40: Shattered

The Siege of Mandalore is over. Republic forces take Gar Saxon into custody, as Bo-Katan Kryze watches. A gunship lands nearby, and the hatch opens revealing Ahsoka and Darrel, with Maul bound behind them. They walk out to meet with Bo-Katan.

"You actually captured him. I'm impressed!" Bo-Katan said.

Bo-Katan gave Darrel and Ahsoka their lightsabers they lost during their fight with Maul.

"It is what the Council wanted!" Ahsoka said.

"Still, you succeeded were many have failed!" Bo-Katan replied.

"We've learned from the best!" Ahsoka said.

"Including you, Bo!" Darrel said.

Bo-Katan sighed as she looks down at the wreckage of Peace Park.

"I wish I was good at something other than war!" Bo-Katan said.

"Your people need a new kind of leader!" Ahsoka said.

"Agreed, this is your chance to make Mandalore better!" Darrel added.

"My sister tried that, I never understood her idealism!" Bo-Katan said.

Then Commander Rex arrived with two other Clone Troopers.

"General Pullie, Commander Tano, I have the Council waiting!" Rex said.

"And Master Skywalker? Were you able to contact him?" Ahsoka said.

"He was at the meeting when I left to get you!" Rex replied.

"You two go on, I can handle this!" Bo-Katan said.

On board a Nu-class transport, a hologram of council members Mace Windu, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Yoda, along with Aayla Secura, discuss the situation.

"I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi, the Dark Side of the Force surrounds the Chancellor!" Mace said.

"If he doesn't give up his emergency powers after the destruction of Grievous, then he should be removed from office!" Ki-Adi suggested.

"The Jedi Council would have to take control of the Senate, in order to secure a peaceful transition!" Mace said.

"To a dark place this line of thought will carry us! Great care we must take!" Yoda said.

Ahsoka, Darrel and Rex enter the room.

"I understand your mission was a success!" Mace said.

"Yes, we have Maul in custody!" Ahsoka reported.

"We will escort Commander Rex when he delivers him to Coruscant!" Darrel said.

"A great service to the Republic, you both have done!" Yoda said.

"Thank you, Master!" Darrel said.

"I did my duty as a citizen!" Ahsoka said.

"Not as a Jedi?" Ahsoka asked.

Darrel looked at Ahsoka.

"No... Not yet!" Ahsoka replied. "I was hoping to speak with General Skywalker!"

"I sent him to inform the Chancellor that General Grievous has indeed been located on Utapau!" Mace said.

"And Master Kenobi?" Darrel asked.

"Engaged the enemy, he has!" Yoda reported.

"Then the war could be over soon enough!" Ahsoka said.