Chapter 29: Bound for Rescue

Piracy in deep space! Infamous outlaw Hondo Ohnaka attacked a Jedi transport carrying six younglings who just received their lightsaber crystals. So rare are these crystals that Hondo knows he can sell them on the black market for a small fortune. In a desperate attempt to save the younglings, Ahsoka Tano is captured by Hondo and his pirate horde. Now, with a damaged ship, the younglings and Padawan Darrel Pullie are stranded and alone...

In the cockpit of the drifting ship, Darrel and the younglings on board managed to establish communication with the next available Republic fleet.

"This is the Crucible calling the Republic fleet. Come in please. We need help." Katooni said.

"This is General Kenobi. We have your transmission." Obi-Wan replied.

"The General Kenobi?" Petro asked.

"Yes, that's him. Put the transmission through." Darrel said.

The hologram image of Obi-Wan and Commander Cody appeared on the holographic projector on the cockpit. The younglings gathered around the hologram to inform Obi-Wan of the recent troubling event.

"The pirate Hondo Ohnaka has attacked and severely damaged our ship and taken one of our chaperones, Ahsoka Tano." Katooni said.

"I'm dispatching Commander Cody to bring you back. We shall deal with Hondo on Florrum." Obi-Wan said.

"Will Ahsoka be all right?" Katooni asked.

"Hondo would be even more of a fool than I think he is to hurt her." Obi-Wan replied. "Once we've picked you up we'll focus on rescuing Ahsoka."

"But we could help Ahsoka a lot sooner than you can." Petro said.

"You've shown great bravery, but these pirates--" Obi-Wan said until Petro interrupted him.

"It was us and your apprentice who managed to drive them from the ship." Petro said.

"Let me make this perfectly clear to you, children. You will not jeopardize your safety trying to her heroes, understood?" Obi-Wan said with a stern tone.

"Yes, Master." Petro said.

"Darrel, watch over the younglings until Cody arrives." Obi-Wan said.

"Yes, sir. We'll be awaiting his arrival." Darrel replied.

Then the hologram images of Obi-Wan and Cody disappeared. Meanwhile at the Republic Fleet, Obi-Wan clicked a button to the holographic projector to see the location of the younglings.

"Their coordinates put them dangerously close to Florrum. I do not want them getting any ideas. You will need to leave quickly, Cody." Obi-Wan said.

Just before Cody could respond, a Republic Officer approached Obi-Wan and Cody.

"General, enemy fleets coming out of hyperspace!" the Officer yelled.

Multiple Separatist battleships emerged from hyperspace and started firing at the Republic Fleet.

"Battle stations. Launch all fighters." Obi-Wan ordered. "Cody, looks like you're staying here for now."

Later back on the Crucible, the younglings continued building their lightsabers, while Darrel was observing them. R2 was in the middle of the room fixing Huyang. Soon enough, the younglings were finished with their lightsabers. Petro was the first to finish his saber, as he ignited it, it was a blue blade.

"What do you think?" Petro asked as he waved his lightsaber around.

Katooni turned around and smiled at Petro.