Chapter 15: Gungan Attack

A government toppled by civil war. Refusing to accept Prince Lee-Char as the next ruler of Mon Cala, the Quarren people join the Separatist Alliance, and launch an all-out attack on the Mon Calamari. Caught unprepared, the young prince and his Jedi protectors are quickly overwhelmed and forced to retreat into caves far below the capital city, leaving Count Dooku and his allies to plan their next move. Meanwhile in the Throne Room, Riff, and Nossor Ri speak to a hologram image of Dooku.

 Meanwhile in the Throne Room, Riff, and Nossor Ri speak to a hologram image of Dooku

"And the young prince, has he been captured?" Dooku asked.

"No, My Lord. Unfortunately he escaped capture, and is hiding with what's left of the Jedi and their army." Riff replied.

"Do not underestimate this boy, Tamson. He must not become a symbol for the Mon Calamari people to rally behind." Dooku said.

"This child is but a coward. He is no leader." Riff said.

"That is irrelevant. The whispering of his name can rekindle hope, and hope is something we cannot allow our enemy to possess." Dooku said.

"Excuse me, Count Dooku, but of the prisoners?" Nossor asked.

"They are to be processed. Internment camps have been set up below the city. Gather the rabble there. Then set them to work." Dooku replied.

"Surely, you do not mean all of them. The women and children..." Nossor said untill Dooku interrupted him.

"...Are to be sent as well. Is that understood?" Dooku said with a stern tone.

"Yes, My Lord." Nossor replied.

"Tamson, I'm sending you reinforcements. Hold them in reserve and wait for the Republic's next move." Dooku said.

"As you wish, Count Dooku." Riff replied.

With but the tiniest fighting strength left to operate and only a brief time to tell the Jedi High Council about their predicament. Kit used a hologram projector to contact Mace and Yoda.

"Master Yoda, we've lost contact with all clone troopers and Mon Cala soldiers

"Master Yoda, we've lost contact with all clone troopers and Mon Cala soldiers. The Quarren ambushed us. They were ready to attack long before the peace talks came to an end." Kit said.