Chapter 3: Heroes On Both Sides

When Ahsoka and Darrel arrived at the Senate. They walked inside to see a young female senator about to enter the big meeting room. The senator's name was Padmé Amidala. She turned to see the two Padawans.

"Ahsoka, it's good to see you. Who's your friend?" Padmé asked.

Darrel smiled and looked at the senator.

"My name's Darrel, what's your name?" Darrel said.

"Glad to meet you Darrel, I'm Padmé." The Senator replied.

Darrel looked at Ahsoka and smiled at her, Ahsoka smiled back.

"If you will excuse me, I must head inside. We're having a meeting about the war effort." Padmé said.

The Padawans nodded as Padmé went inside and sat on the hover pod.

"She seems nice, Ahsoka." Darrel said as he leaned against the wall.

Ahsoka stood in front of him and smiled.

"She's like a mother to me." Ahsoka said.

"And it seems like Skywalker is a brother to you, and Obi-Wan is like a father." Darrel said.

Ahsoka giggled and nodded. Anakin soon came to the Senate and saw the Padawans.

Then it started to get loud in the room, Ahsoka and Darrel stood near Padmé's hover pod and listened to what was going on.

"Order! Order! Let Senator Saam finish." Mas Amedea said to the senators.

"This is a matter not of philosophy, more troops are needed. The Republic cannot afford to let me Separatist Alliance gain anymore ground." Saam said.

Then senator Bail Organa's hover pod came near Saam's. 

"Our Jedi Generals inform us that troops in the field continue to perform valiantly. What we cannot afford, is to be irresponsible. The Republic is near the bankruptcy due to the cost of this war." Bail replied.

"Bankruptcy isn't necessary, my friends. If we pass Senator Saam's bill to open new lines of credit, we will gain access to the needed funds." Said Senator Lott Dodd.

"Won't this bill essentially deregulate the banks?" Mom Mothma asked.

"A small price to pay to fiance the war, is it not?" Senator Burtoni asked.

"Get a bill on the table! Keep the war going!" Yelled a Senator.

Then the whole Senate started arguing back and forth about weather or not deregulate the banks. Padmé soon got infuriated with the Senate yelling at each other. She soon stood up, and took a deep breath.

"Members of the Senate!" Padmé yelled.

She then clicked a button to move her hover pod.

"Do you hear yourselves? More money, more clones, more war. Say nothing of the fiscal responsibility. What about moral responsibility?! Hasn't this war gone on long enough?" Padmé asked.

"Senator Amidala, are you suggesting that we surrender to the Separatists?" Saam asked.

"Of course not, but negotiation might be a better course of action." Padmé suggested.

"You can't negotiate with those animals! Keep the war going, VOTE NOW!" A Senator yelled.

Then again, they were back to arguing. Padmé looked disappointed at the fact that most of the senators want to continue the Clone Wars. In her point of view, what's the point of pushing forward with the war? It already took so many lives of Innocents, soldiers, Jedi Knights, friends and many other allies loyal to the Republic.