Chapter 9: Counterattack

Escape from a Separatist Prison! Carrying information about secret routes into the heart of the Republic and Separatist homeworlds, Jedi Master Even Piell was captured and imprisoned in a fortress known as The Citadel. Leading an elite strike team, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Anakin Skywalker rescued Master Piell and his officers. Now the Jedi have split up to evade Separatist forces as they attempt to escape The Citadel.

Anakin clicked his comlink to contact R2-D2 back at the shuttle.

"Artoo, are you and your Battle Droids ready to go?" Anakin asked.

R2 replied to Anakin with a few beeps and whistles.

"Alright, get the ship fired up. We'll meet you at the pipeline exit after you've picked up Obi-Wan, assuming he's still on schedule." Anakin said.

Meanwhile, back at Command Center, Osi Osbeck was watching over the security cameras. Then, K2-B4 approached him.

"Count dooku insists that you speak with him, Commander."
K2 said.

Osbeck smiled and walked to the communication room, K2 followed him.

"Well, let's not keep him waiting." Osbeck replied.

"He's already waiting, sir." K2 said.

Osbeck turned back and growled at K2, then Osbeck opened the door to the communication room, he saw Count Dooku facing the window via hologram. Osbeck and K2 stepped inside and closed the door behind them.

"Count dooku, my lord, how unexpected." Osbeck said.

"You may cease the propriety, Commander Sobeck. I understand there is a problem with the Jedi Prisoner." Dooku said as he turned around to face Osbeck and K2.

"An incursion team attempted a rescue, but the situation is taken care of." Osbeck said.

"Are you in possession of the information the prisoner is carrying?" Dooku asked.

"Not yet, but we will soon have it." Osbeck replied.

"You are aware that this information will tip the scale of the war to the side that controls it." Dooku said. "Perhaps this is a matter that requires my presence?"

"No, my lord." Osbeck replied.

"Find them, Commander. Get the information, then kill them all." Dooku ordered.

Osbeck and K2 bowed to Dooku in respect as his hologram faded. Then Osbeck turned around quickly and gripped K2 by the neck.

"Don't ever surprise me with a transmission from Count Dooku. I need time to prepare!"
Osbeck yelled.

"Yes, Commander." K2 replied.

Later Darrel and Ahsoka took the lead of Anakin's group through the tunnels, behind the group, their was a Probe Droid that was following them, until Anakin came out of no where and destroyed it with his lightsaber, then he caught up with the group.

"I am beginning to admire the design of this fortress, it's rather formidable to evade."
Tarkin said.

"How can you admire such a horrible place?" Ahsoka said Tarkin.

"Ah, you reveal your short-sightedness. This ordeal only demonstrates how effective facilities like The Citadel are. Pity it ended up in Separatist hands, and not ours." Tarkin said as he sighed.

Darrel and Ahsoka looked at Tarkin in suspension at as he continued walking, then Anakin came up to Ahsoka and Darrel.

"He has a point." Anakin said.