Chapter 24: Front Runners

Jedi form rebel alliance! Led by Anakin Skywalker, the Jedi have trained a band of rebels to fight the Separatists on the planet Onderon. With the help of the Jedi, the rebels escaped capture and infiltrated the heavily fortified city of Iziz. Now our heroes have launched an armed campaign to subvert the Separatist occupation of the planet. The Jedi Council continue to observe and advise as the rebels strive to gain momentum against the Separatist forces. Despite the absence of civilian casualties, public fear has ensued as reports of the rebels' daring strikes circulate throughout the city...

In the city Iziz, Darrel was walking around the city center, he noticed that were was two Battle Droids questioning a civilian.

"Your identification failed to register!" said the Droid.

"B-But that's impossible." cried the Civilian.

"You're coming with us." ordered the Droid.

Darrel took out his DT-29 blaster pistol, and shot at the two Battle Droids, the civilian looked in fear as he saw the droids fall to the ground. Then Darrel ran away. Later on, the Jedi and the rebels were reunited in a hidden safe house. The Jedi removed the hoods to reveal their faces to the rebels.

"Your success will not go unnoticed." Anakin said as the rebels cheered.

"I agree, but we need to be mindful of public perception." Obi-Wan said.

"Indeed, the people's reaction to the small attacks were very fearful." Darrel said.

"What was your observation, Padawan Tano?" Obi-Wan asked.

"The people were fearful, Master." Ahsoka replied.

"Indeed. Judging from the reactions I saw today, I'm afraid they will mistake your intentions." Obi-Wan said.

"We need to do more damage." Saw said as he slammed his fist into his hands. "A few dozen broken-down droids will do little to free Onderon."

"The people need to believe we can succeed. Without their support, our efforts are meaningless." Steela said.

"If they're afraid, they won't support us. We need to assure them of our intentions." Lux said.

"I don't understand. Why are they afraid?" Saw asked.

"They're afraid we're not strong enough to win. We need to earn their trust." Steela replied.

"You'll have plenty of time to earn their trust. All of you are going to be very busy." Anakin said.

"Today was only a taste. You'll get your chance." Rex said.

"In the meantime, make the most of your victories. Welcome and learn from them." Obi-Wan said.

"Perhaps if we hit something big, gave a show of strength, they will overcome their fear and join us." Lux suggested.

"Do you have something in mind?" Ahsoka asked.

"I know the perfect target." Lux replied.

The Jedi and Rex then stepped out of the base as the Rebels continued planning their next move.

"I think they're ready to give the 501st Legion some competition, Rex." Anakin said.

"Let's not get carried away, General, though these rebels have impressed me." Rex replied.

"Anakin and I will share the developments with the Jedi Council. Ahsoka and Darrel will remain here as advisors. Monitor them and report back with their progress." Obi-Wan said.