Chapter 21: A Friend in Need

Divided by war! In an effort to end the galactic conflict, the first ever sanctioned meeting between the Republic and the Separatists will be held and Mandalore is chosen as neutral ground for these precarious meetings. Tensions run high as many hold hope for these important negotiations....

The first meeting between the delegates from both sides is held in the throne room of Duchess Satine Kryze, where Padmé Amidala, accompanied by Ahsoka, Darrel, Senators Bail Organa and Mon Mothma, and R2-D2 is hard-pressed in negotiating mutually acceptable terms as the Separatists, the Separatist Senators, Voe Atell, and Bec Lawise, argue for the legitimation of the Separatists' government before peace can be found.

"The Republic recognizes the tragedy of war. But there is nothing we can change that has already occurred." Padmé said.

"Say it aloud before this gathering, as representative for Chancellor Palpatine, that you declare without reservation the Separatist State legitimate." Voe said.

"I have something to say about the legitimacy of the Separatists." Lux said as he entered the meeting room.

Lux came forward towards the senators, the senators were mumbling about Lux's presence.

"Why is Lux Bonteri here?" Voe asked.

"What could he possibly have to say?" Bec asked.

"He was not invited." Voe said.

Ahsoka and Darrel were also surprised that Lux Bonteri was at the meeting.

"You didn't mention that Lux Bonteri would be here." Ahsoka said to Padmé.

"I didn't know." Padmé replied.

Lux bowed in respect before Satine, then went to the podium, facing the senators.

"I stand before you, son of Mina Bonteri, loyal Separatist, a patriot, a friend." Lux said.

Lux looked over at Ahsoka and smiled at her, she smiled back at him. Then Lux turned his attention back to the senators.

"It has come to my attention that my mother was murdered by Count Dooku in cold blood!" Lux yelled.

Then Bec stood up in anger and glared at Lux.

"That is a lie! Remove that traitor immediately!" Bec said as he pointed at Lux.

Two Commando Droids came towards Lux and grabbed his arms, Lux attenpted to free himself from the droid's grip, but to no avail.

"I will not be silenced!" Lux said.

"Stop this!" Satine yelled.

"Duchess, we would ask you to respect that we deal with this matter ourselves." Voe said.

The Commando Droids started escorting Lux out of the meeting room.

"No! Dooku is deceiving you. You will all be betrayed just like my mother." Lux cried.

Once the Commando Droids left the meeting room with Lux, the negotiations resumed.

"I apologize for such a rude interruption. Please let us continue." Bec said.

Ahsoka came towards Padmé's ear.

"We can't just let them take him. He'll be killed." Ahsoka whispered.

"Do what you can, Ahsoka, but be discreet." Padmé replied.

"I'm going with you, Ahsoka." Darrel said.