Chapter 20: Escape from Kadavo

A people enslaved! To locate the abducted colonists of a peace-loving world, the Jedi infiltrated the slaver planet of Zygerria, only to be captured by its ambitious queen, who plots to rebuild her empire of oppression. Meanwhile, at the Queen's throne room, Count Dooku's hologram appeared in front of the Queen. Atai was standing them to the Queen.

"Count Dooku, how may I be of service?" Scintel asked.

"Queen Scintel. I did not give you permission to auction the colonists of Kiros." Dooku said.

"You provide the raw material, and I process them. There was nothing in our deal to prevent me from selling them in my share. I want the galaxy to know that Zygerria is rising once more." Scintel said.

"How far your kingdom rises depends entirely on your compliance." Dooku replied. "Do I make myself clear?" Dooku asked.

"Yes, Count. Your merchandise will be delivered on schedule, Count. I guarantee your satisfaction." Scintel replied.

"Good, and what of the Jedi prisoners?" Dooku asked.

"I'm about to deal with them." Scintel replied.

"You will execute them immediately. Good day, Your Highness." Dooku said.

Dooku's hologram faded away, and Scintel growled in disgust and frustration. Scintel started to walk down from her throne and looked at Atai.

"The Jedi are in the processing chamber, Your Highness. Shall I have them destroyed now?" Atai said.

"No." Scintel replied.

"But Count Dooku said..." Atai said until Scintel interrupted him.

"Count Dooku is not your master! I am! We will deal with the Jedi our way, not his." Scintel yelled.

Scintel left the throne room, and went to the entrance of the palace to meet Anakin. She smiled as Anakin bowed in respect before her, then the Queen extended her hand out to Anakin, Anakin took her hand and started walking with the Queen around the palace, along with two Zygerrian Guards. The Queen asked Anakin to swear loyalty to her, and for him to remain on Zygerria, in return, she would free Obi-Wan, and the Padawans. Her offer had Anakin thinking. He couldn't accept it, he couldn't stay on Zygerria forever.

"Have you considered my offer, Skywalker?" Scintel asked. "If you vow loyalty to me, I will free your friends." Scintel said.

"It's not an easy decision." Anakin replied.

"Hmm, curious. I thought the Jedi were selfless, placing the needs of others before their own." Scintel said.

Then Atai approached in front of the Queen and Anakin. Atai bowed to the Queen.

"My Queen, I bring word. Count Dooku is on his way here." Atai said.

"Ah, sooner than anticipated. Make preparations for his arrival." Scintel replied.

Atai nodded and walked off. Scintel walked to the side of the balcony and sighed. Anakin sensed her nervousness and frustration, he and the guards slowly approached her.

"So even you have a master." Anakin assumed.

"Dooku is not my master! Perhaps you should not attend this meeting." Scintel said.

Scintel held out her hand towards Anakin's lightsaber.

"Can I trust you not to run away?" Scintel asked.