Chapter 25: The Soft War

The rebels elect a new leader! With their training complete, Obi-Wan and Anakin have left Ahsoka on Onderon to monitor and advise the rebels as they continue to strike Separatists targets under the command of Steela Gerrera. Facing an escalation of rebel attacks, the Separatists have sent reinforcements to strengthen their hold on the city of Iziz, as the battle for the planet unfolds. On a rooftop, Steela, Darrel, and a few rebels watched as Separatist reinforcements entered the city.

"Looks like more reinforcements. A small droid convoy leading a multi-troop transport. An AAT bringing up the rear. This should be easy." Darrel said.

Steela nodded, and looked back at the rebels. Then they all started to shoot at the convoy. The Droids started shooting at the roof, Darrel took out a grenade and threw it at the convoy. The MTT started to deploy Super Battle Droids, but Darrel threw a grenade into the MTT, destroying it from the inside. Just then, the AAT's main cannon aimed at the rebels at the rooftop where the rebels were, but down on the ground, Saw took out two grenades and jumped onto the tank. He threw the first grenade in the bottom hatch, and the other one in the top hatch. Then Saw hopped off tank, and the tank exploded. The civilians looked in fear as the droids were destroyed.

Steela sighed as she hopped from the rooftop to the destroyed MTT, she smiled as she looked at the civilians staring at her.

"Do not be afraid, brothers and sisters. We mean you no harm. It's time. People of Onderon, the time has come to take back our freedom. We have all been deceived. King Sanjay Rash is a traitor who has sold Onderon to the Separatists for the crown. But Onderon is ours. We need your strength to reclaim our planet and restore our sovereignty under our true king, King Dendup." Steela said.

The people were whispering to each other Steela's message. Steela and the other rebels retreated back to the hideout. Later on, Darrel, and female rebel named Dono was walking around the Malgan Market. A civilian signalled us to come to the alleyway. We came to the alley and looked at the civilian.

"What is it?" Dono asked.

"I heard news about Dendup, the Separatists are executing him tomorrow morning in Yolahn Square. The Separatist believes that he's beind your attacks." the Man said.

"What? Are you serious?" Darrel asked.

The man nodded and ran off. Then Dono and Darrel ran back to the hideout to see rebels bringing in new weapons and supplies inside the hideout.

"Steela! They're executing King Dendup tomorrow in Yolahn Square." Dono cried.

"Where did you hear this?" Steela asked.

"Malgan Market. The merchants. The Separatists are saying he's behind our attacks." Dono replied.

Steela sighed in frustration.

"More lies. They're making him an example to humiliate us." Steela said.

"Maybe, but their efforts could work against them. Executing Dendup would only make him a martyr." Ahsoka said.

"We can't let him die." Saw said as he jumped into the conversation. "We have to break him out somehow."

"No, we should wait until he's in public, at the execution." Steela suggested.

"That's where they'd expect it." Saw replied.

"I know, but this is our moment. We'll save him for all of Iziz to witness. We don't have much time." Steela said.

"They're counting on us to show up." Saw yelled as he left the hideout.

"Where are you going?" Steela asked.