Chaper 38: Old Friends Not Forgotten

Outer Rim under siege! Separatist forces have launched a major offensive. Led by the evil droid General Grievous, Republic forces are pushed to the brink. In response to this overwhelming attack, the Jedi Council has despatched its Generals, sending them far from the Core Words to bolster the beleaguered clones. On the distant planet of Yerbana, we find Commander Cody of the 212th in desperate need of reinforcements....

Over the skies of Yerbana, Separatist droid tri-fighters and artillery are strafing Clone Z-95 Headhunters and LAAT gunships providing support for Commander Cody and his troops, desperate to get help. After killing the lead Z-95 Headhunter, Separatist droid fighters shoot down a gunship, causing it to collide with a bridge and crash into a river. Cody orders his men to take cover as they advance on a phalanx of Separatist droids including dwarf spider droids, Octuptarra tri-droids, and NR-N99 Persuader-class droid enforcers. Many clone troopers are killed during the charge by enemy fire.

A missile closes in on Cody. However, at the last minute, Jedi General Obi-Wan Kenobi jumps in and uses his lightsaber to deflect the blast.

"General Kenobi!" Cody said in relief.

"Cody, get down!" Kenobi ordered.

The clone troopers fall back. Once Kenobi and Cody have regrouped, Cody informs the Jedi General that his forces have been unable to locate the tactical droid because he is staying out of sight.

"Where is Anakin and Darrel?" Obi-Wan asked.

"We're right here!" Anakin said.

Obi-Wan and Cody turned around to see Darrel and Anakin standing there.

"What are you doing down there?" Anakin asked.

Obi-Wan glared at them.

"We are taking cover! Now get down, the both of you!" Obi-Wan cried.

"You're not serious!" Darrel said.

"Yeah, there's only a thousand droids down there, tops!" Anakin acknowledged.

Anakin and Darrel are not intimidated by the thousand droids they are facing.

"What are you two up to? Where's Captain Rex?" Kenobi asked.

Anakin and Darrel walked on top of the debris Kenobi and Cody were hiding behind.

"We already finished our battle, so we decided to come help you with yours!" Anakin replied

"You are both overdoing it! Again!" Kenobi said in irritation.

Anakin and Darrel then looked back at Obi-Wan.
"Master, we mean no disrespect! If you want, we can hide here with you, and we can let the people in the city suffer longer!" Darrel said.

"Now, Darrel, you know I-"

"Or we can do things our way and help them now!" Anakin suggested.

Obi-Wan sighed and nodded.

"All right, I know better than to try and stop you two! What's your plan this time?" Obi-Wan said.

The two Jedi Knights smiled.

"Stay here!" Darrel said.

The Separatist droids in the command post watch Anakin and Darrel striding out to meet them. The battle droid commander orders his forces to cease fire and to focus on the Jedi.