Chapter 4: A Spark of Love

After four weeks after the attack on the Republic Capitol, the banks were deregulated for five million Clone Soldiers. At the Jedi Temple, Darrel was walking around the halls of the temple. He was on his way to Ahsoka's quarters, until he saw Obi-Wan walking towards a room. Darrel approached Obi-Wan and looked at him, Obi-Wan turned towards Darrel and smiled.

"Good morning, Master Kenobi." Darrel said as he bowed in respect to Obi-Wan.

"Good morning, my apprentice." Obi-Wan replied to Darrel.

"Where are you heading off to, master?" Darrel asked.

Obi-Wan motioned his hand to the door in between him and his apprentice. Darrel looked at the door and looked back at his master.

"Master Yoda, and Windu have summoned me here for something." Obi-Wan said.

"Mind if I tag along?" Darrel asked.

Obi-Wan nodded and open the door. He stepped inside the room, Darrel followed him inside. Master Yoda and Mace Windu were in the room watching us enter the room. The door closed behind Obi-Wan and Darrel.

"Master Kenobi, show you something we must." Yoda said as he and Mace approached Obi-Wan and his apprentice.

Mace played a hologram recording of a Zabrak Warrior killing a Jedi Master. Obi-Wan and Darrel watched the recording in shock. Obi-Wan saw something like this before, the Zabrak looked familiar.

"He kinda looks like Darth Maul." Darrel predicted.

"Darth Maul alive?! Impossible, I killed him myself." Obi-Wan exclaimed.

"Correct you are, Obi-Wan. A creature from the same species this is, from Dathomir." Yoda stated.

"Dathomir? The planet of the Nightsisters, yes?" Darrel said.

Obi-Wan nodded and looked at Mace and Yoda in confusion.

"I was under the impression that Maul's homeworld was Iridonia." Obi-Wan thought.

"Dathomir is the planet where Maul was raised, Iridonia is where the rest of the males of the species dwell." Mace said.

"But why would this creature attack Jedi? Doesn't he have better things to do?" Darrel asked.

"Travel to Dathomir you must, Obi-Wan. And then find the source of this threat, you will." Yoda said.

Obi-Wan and Darrel nodded and bowed to Yoda and Mace. Then they left the room.

"Master Kenobi, may I accompany you to Dathomir?" Darrel asked his master.

"I'm sorry, but I think it's best that you stay here at the temple. That monster is way too dangerous and unpredictable, Darrel. You could be killed." Obi-Wan replied to his apprentice.

"But I handled myself well when I faced Grievous, did I not?" Darrel asked.

"Please just respect my wishes and remain here." Obi-Wan said.

Darrel nodded at Obi-Wan and bowed to him. Obi-Wan smiled at Darrel and put his hand on Darrel's shoulder. Darrel looked at Obi-Wan with a sad look on his face.

"On the bright side, you could take this as a opportunity to study. Why don't you walk over to the Jedi Archives and study for awhile." Obi-Wan suggested.

"I'll go there in a few moments, I need to go to my room first." Darrel said.

"Very well, Darrel. Anakin will be coming with me to Dathomir. May the force be with you." Obi-Wan replied.