Chapter 32: The Jedi Who Knew Too Much

Terror at the Temple! The Jedi Temple is in disarray after a vicious terrorist attack. Anakin Skywalker, Darrel Pullie, and Ahsoka Tano set out to find the truth of who was really behind this horrendous catastrophe. Their investigation led them to discover the true saboteur, Letta Turmond.

Now the Jedi attempt to return the Temple to normalcy. But first, Master Yoda must give a eulogy to the fallen Jedi warriors....

In the Jedi Temple, Master Yoda gives a eulogy for the five Jedi Knights who died during the explosion, attended by senior Jedi and Republic figures.

"One with the Force, they are. And our job it is to remember that we will, in time, also pass on. Luminous beings are we, but temporary vessels, our bodies are. And we shall all find ourselves here in time. A moment of silence, I ask, to remember and to move on." Yoda said.

As Ahsoka and Darrel stood beside Barriss, they noticed that she stressed out.

"You were close to one of them?" Ahsoka asked.

Barriss pointed to the casket in front of her as a tear comes down her eye.

"Tutso Mara. We trained together. He taught me how to hold my lightsaber correctly." Barriss said.

"I'm sorry for loss, Barriss." Darrel said.

Barriss looked at Darrel and nodded, then she looked back at her friend's casket.

"Live for the living Jedi, we must. Live through us, forever they will." Yoda said.

The caskets of the fallen Jedi Knights started to go under the Temple and, then they were sealed away so they could rest in peace. After the funeral, Ahsoka, Barriss, Darrel, and Anakin met up with Admiral Tarkin to discuss Letta's fate.

"So what happens to Letta now?" Ahsoka asked.

"The bomber has been moved." Tarkin replied.

"Moved? Where? Why should she be moved?" Ahsoka asked.

"The Republic military has taken her into custody." Tarkin replied.

"But why? This is a Jedi matter, isn't it?" Ahsoka asked in a frustrated way.

"Clones were killed, which makes this terrorist attack a military matter. An attack on the Jedi is an attack on the Senate." Tarkin replied.

"Admiral Tarkin is right. Letta isn't a Jedi. It's not for us to be judge and jury over a citizen of the Republic." Anakin said.

Ahsoka stepped in front of the group.

"If Letta's guilty, she's guilty, and she should be dealt with!" Ahsoka hissed.

"Calm down, Ahsoka. Remember, revenge is not the Jedi way." Anakin said.

Ahsoka sighed and looked down.

"The evidence seems clear, Ahsoka. Nothing will ever change." Barriss said.

The group continued walking in the hallway until they stopped at a elevator.

"The Chancellor feels very strongly that the Jedi be removed from as many military matters as possible." Tarkin said.

Tarkin approached the elevator and clicked the button, he turned back around and glared at the Jedi.

"You yourselves said that you're peacekeepers, not soldiers." Tarkin said.

"I hope Chancellor Palpatine knows what he's doing." Ahsoka said.

"I assure you that he rarely does anything without a strategy." Tarkin replied.