When they Break... they Fall

Start from the beginning

"Because he loves you."

Uraraka heard these words, paused, then blushed hard before stammering out, "W-wh-what d-d-d-do yo-you m-mean l-l-love???"

"Well he's always happier when he's around you and Eri, sometimes its a sad happy, other times it's a longing gaze, and out of all the girls, he spends the most time with you. I don't know about you, but I'd call that love."

Uraraka stopped washing dished and relaxed her arms. "A... alright, I'll knock."

She and Eri finished up washing the dishes before Uraraka gently took her hand and led her to the elevator. They reached his floor and walked to his door. Uraraka looked at, took a deep breath, and gently knocked.

No sound...

"H-hey Deku kun... Its Uraraka and Eri..."

No sound... 'Wait... was that a shuffle? '

There was a slight sound followed by some shuffling.

"We're here... to see if your alri-" she was cut off by the door opening. Midoriya was a mess, his hair wasn't combed, he showered a little, but not too much, his room was a disaster and there was an aura of depression in the air. "Deku kun!" She spoke out of surprise, she didn't expect him to answer at all!

He took a step forward before rushing forward, "Dek-!". He pulled her and Eri into an embrace, he hadn't interacted with anyone up until now, 'But why? Why with us? ' They stayed like this for a while before Uraraka decided to ask. "Your feeling this way because you know what happens, right?" She felt him stiffed, relax, and nod. They released the hug and finally got a good look in his eyes, they were full of sorrow and death, these weren't the eyes of an innocent student, these were the eyes of a war torn man whose seen too much to recover.

He walked back to his room but didn't close the door, Uraraka decided it was a sign to show that it was okay to enter so Eri and her did. They closed the door and turned on the lights when they did, and walked to Midoriya who was sitting on the floor next to his bed, knees to his chest.

"Deku what hap-"

"You die."

There was a silence, "What do you mean?"

"I told you how Everlasting works, but I never told you how time resets."

"Thats right."

"I have to die for it to work."

"N-no way..." she can't imagine that, how many quirks did he have now? How many times has this person died? How many has he seen die?

"The last Run I had was the worst and the best at the same time... It ended with All for One, killing all my friends, all my family, everyone, then torturing me until I die. But, there was you."

'Me? What did I do? I didn't hurt him did I? '

"You made it bearable, the time we spent before... before he killed you before my eyes... we had a family, a kid, oh she was an angel, the best thing that ever happened to us... she shouldn't have died, but All for One decided that the greatest torture for me, was to make her death slow, painful, and all the worst things he could think of. That bastard tortured my own daughter to death before my eyes. He killed you quickly, but our daughter, she wasn't given such a mercy."

He stopped talking.

"We... we were married... I had a daughter...?" He nodded, "What... what did we... name her?" He paused looking at the ceiling, and answered.

"You wanted to name her Umi, after your favorite flower. A truly beautiful flower, she loved the winter the most, I guess it made sense since Umi also meant Winter... winter with you two, was heaven..."

A single tear ran down his face, and one ran down her own, she had never told him that Umi was her favorite flower, not yet, but he knew...

"Izuku. kun." He looked a little startled from that, she never called him that out loud, not this Run, "I-, I love you..." She said this quietly, but he heard it, she spoke it into her knees but he heard it. Those words were all he ever wanted to hear... "I want this family," She started crying, "I want you to love me," the tears grew steadier, "I want a daughter," she was looking right at him. "I want to spend the winter, with you, with Umi, with all of us...".

She closed her eyes, the tears were stinging her eyes, until she felt his hand wipe every tear away. When she opened her eyes again, he was smiling, there was no sadness, no pain, no deceit, just a happy smile.

"You don't know how long I've missed those words... Ochaco."

Midoriya was broken, most would think that he was beyond repair.
Midoriya had fallen, most wound't pick him up, they would only hurt him more.
Ochaco knew he was broken, so she started to repair him.
Ochaco knew he had fallen, so she knelt down to help him up.
When they Break they Fall...
When they Break you fix them...
When they Fall you pick them up...
When someone loves you... you better
Love them back with all your heart.

word count: 1492