56

(☺Unedited ☺)

Winter-rose's POV

I woke up in a room, sitting in a chair was Wayland. I don't know if this was a dream or not. Even if he broke my heart I hope it's a dream so that he doesn't say anything that's going to break the already small pieces.

My hand was under the blanket so I pinched my self. Nope not a dream. I sigh already knowing that this isn't going to be pretty.

"What are you doing here?" My voice was soft, it showed how tired I truly am. He stands up and pours me a glass of water from the pitcher on a table in front of the bed.

I thank him when he hands it to me making sure not to touch him.

"Draven told me that you needed me so I'm here to take care of you," he smiles at me.

"I know that's a lie but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. I'm truly too tired to be fighting with you on this. You don't have to take care of me, I've been doing it for a long time. I'm good and even when I'm not I'm better then someone else out there."

"I understand that Princess--" I stop him there.

"Call me Winter, I already call you Wayland," I shrug.

"Then call Damien not Wayland." I nod before he continues," I understand that you feel alone but you never truly are. Sometimes people do things that they wish they never did, while other times they are forced to. I'm one of those people,"

"Which one?" before he can answer the door opens and in walks in Draven, wearing black slacks, black button down that's rolled up to his elbows showing his viens and tattoes. He smiles when he sees me resulting in my facial expressions to become blank. Nothing different from before he came in.

"Well I'm happy to see you awake. The doctor checked and you still have a little of the thing," he said moving his eyes quickly to Damien," in your system. You should be one hundred percent back to normal in a week or so then we can continue training,"

"Wayland here will be taking care of you while I'm busy. Yes I have maids and other people but your wolf and you will heal faster with your mate here,"

"He rejected me," I pointed out.

"Even so your still mates in the eyes of the Goddess as well as me," Draven shrugs," he's be staying next door. If you need something you can always ask him before a maid. They will only answer you if your mate isn't available. Wayland a maid of mine is downstairs she will show you around just ask for Maxine,"

"Ok, I'll come see you soon," he turns and leaves.

"What games are you playing Draven, bringing him here like this," I hiss. Even Thorne was angry with what he did, she hates what he did to us.

"I'm giving you two a glimpse of what you could've have it is wasn't for some people,"

"I don't want it,"

"No you need it," he was calm about this. My body was too weak for me to try and fight him on this. Whenever I'm strong enough I'll fight but not now, no I'm not giving up just pausing this argument for now.

I turn away from him and close my eyes. "Close the lights on your way out," snuggling into the pillow I let sleep take over again.

I don't know how much time passes but I open my eyes. Wayland was sitting on a couch reading a book. It's like he felt my stare becuase he looked up at me. He doesn't smile at me for some reason he seem different, I don't know how to explain it. It's like the him I'm used to and this one looking at me are two different people. I blink and it's gone he's back to the him I'm used to.