22

(Unedited)

Everyone was standing around us. The eldest council member was going to do the ceremony, we were standing under the stars. 

Wayland and I were facing each other this is the closest that we've ever stood. Our faces were both blanks, I expected Thorne to be begging me to leave but she was fine with my decision. We both were ready to be rejected nothing new here.

"We are gathered here tonight under the Blood Moon for the rejection ceremony of King Damien Wayland Slayer and Princess Winterria-Rose Amor, tonight these two are here to break the bond between their wolves and humans." 

Everything was quiet no sounds came from anyone in attendance nor the animals. All eyes were on the three of us, even our wolves were listening to what she was saying. 

"The goddess has given you two this bond, tonight it shall be broken, tonight your heart will be free of the other. We shall start the ceremony, but if during the process you would like to stop you may," Counselor Raven's voice was loud and clear.

Two witches came forward, one had a gold goblet that had paintings on it while the other had a knife that was made with wolf's bane. They came to stand in from of Wayland and me. 

"Your hand, please King Wayland." the witches say together. He gives them his left hand. They take the knife and cut his palm and put the goblet under to catch the blood, once done they wipe it. Once done with him they do it to me as well. I was so focused on his gaze on me I didn't feel a thing. 

The witches then mix our blood in the goblet with water from the scarred pool of the goddess. They say some words making the blood water mixture turn from a red color to a black one before it changes to a blue color. 

"Bonds are formed not to be broken but to be cherished and loved. Some bonds aren't as strong as others. Tonight we are here to break a bond that is unwanted by the King." Wayland glares as Counselor Raven for telling everyone that. I turn to them to see some people glaring at Taylor. Wayland gives a growl that quiets down the room. I turn back to see what Raven is doing now. 

"Tonight, I come here to grand the King's wish as well as the Princess' to have their mate bond broken. There is no promise that there is a second chance after the bond is broken for the person who rejects their mate. The goddess will forgive if the person chose to break the bond for the right reasons. She will punish it is for the wrong reason, her punishments come in different forms, the goblet, please ladies,"

The witches give it to her. She gives it to Wayland to drink, then passes it to me. If heart-break and emptiness had a taste it would be in my mouth going down my throat. It was hard to swallow. I felt when it reached my stomach, it churned ready to remove it from our system. 

"Please hold hands." 

His hands take mines into his and they were almost the perfect fit. The sparks so sweet and almost addicting, it would be if they aren't careful with it. His hands were rough, his eyes look into mines, I know he could feel the same thing that I do. 

She pours the rest of the liquid over our hands. The sparks slowly start to die, I want to pull away but I will not. He will regret hurting us, he will beg before me, he will regret everything. 

I close my eyes, the pain that starts to take over my body. I open my eyes but I don't see anything, I calm myself when everything starts to clear up with my vision. 

"I King Damien Wayland Slayer, Alpha King of Mollitiam reject you, Princess Winterria-Rose Amor of Castopia as my mate, my Queen, luna to my kingdom, mother of my children and as my lover."

I smile at him and look him straight in the eyes making sure he understands and hears each of my words.

"I Princess Winterria-Rose Amor, Princes of Castopia, think of you an aloof man, an egotistical bastard King, I despise you and accept your reject as my lover,  father to my children, holder of my heart, and my mate." mines and Thorne's voice were cold and filled with acid. 

As the words leave my mouth the bond fades until all I can feel for his is discuss and hate. I remove my hand from him, he looked heatedly at me jaws clenched eyes crazed. A beast he was but his beast will never make me submit. 

I turn and everyone was in shock at my answer, well almost everyone except my parents and the King of Hela weren't. I look at Taylor and let me dominance shine through each pour on my body. Her wolf submitted to me even though I wasn't her queen. The others in the room tried to fight it but they couldn't, all submitted to us at that moment. I turn to him,  he looked at us but didn't do anything. 

"A true queen makes everyone submit,"

I walk down the steps and start finding the way out. The sky screams and cries for me, but I refuse to cry in front of them. They aren't worth seeing me cry, seeing me sad. 

When I make my way home I remove all my makeup and get dressed into black sweats. I put my hair into a bun, I take my phone and go to Drake's room. I knock on the door and he opens it, he was also in some black sweats. 

"I just want to be close to someone for a bit. Is that ok? I don't want to be alone tonight," I asked him. 

He gives me a smile and pulls me inside and closes the door behind us. He pulls me to the bed and makes us sit. 

"Want to talk about it?"

"No, Drake another time. Can I lay my head on your lap?"

He pats his thigh and gives me a gentle smile. I place my head down, he takes my hair out the bun and starts running his fingers through it gently. 

"You're pretty comfy," I mutter.

"It's ok Winter, you can cry, I'm here." that's how I spent the night crying in his lap while he runs his hands through my hair. 

I woke up to my head on his chest. I look at the clock to see it's 7 am. I smile down at him before getting up to get ready for another day.