23

(Unedited)

Two Years Later

I continue to run knowing that they are behind me. They are fast but I am faster, they have been chasing me for the past four days and I am way past being tired. They shot me with something and it's taking all my will power not to pass out. 

If I pass out they will win and I will never allow them to win. I can't use the mind link every time I try nothing happens. I know exactly where I'm running to, I may not like it but it's either that let those gremlins. 

I see the royal guards keeping guard, they look at me ready to try and stop me. 

"Ready Thorne?"

She nods weakly. I shift for the first time in five years and start zooming my way through the forest, the wind blows through my white fur. My vision isn't as clear as it would usually be but I just need to be able to see for a couple more miles then I can pass out. 

We make it to the house I know that he was staying at. There was a small army waiting for me in front of the house, Wayland stood in the middle in his human form while the others were in their wolf.

As soon as I was in front of him I allowed myself to pass out. I allowed the drugs to take effect over us. I loss all the feelings in my body before the darken takes over before I can't hear a thing. 

I open my eyes and let it adjust to the darkroom. The bed was soft, I know that I was in a hospital room but there were no machines attached to me. The moon was high in the sky, I get up from the bed and walk over to the window. 

"How long have I been out?" I ask him

"A little over a week, they took you off the machines two days ago. They got a good amount of the poison out, your body handled the rest." Wayland walked over to me and looked up at the sky.

"Ok, can I have some food?" 

"You ran into my territory without permission with wounds and deadly poison in your blood. I treat you when you wake up the first thing you ask for is food,"

"Yes, I haven't eaten for a couple of days before I passed out and I am hungry. When I am filled with food that is when I will answer all your questions, now food."

He nods before turning and leaving the room. I turn and find the bathroom, I go inside and wash my face. My eyes showed how tired I was, my body acned. Thorne was sleeping trying to get her strength back, she used all her energy to make sure I got up first. 

I run a brush I find on the sink through my hair, I wet my hands and run it through my hair. The curls looked more defined. I also brush my teeth with a brand new brush I found on the sink. 

Wayland was waiting for me with food when I went back to the room. 

"So what happened?" 

"I found a lead and decided to look into it. It led me to an old run-down factory, luckily I had some gear with me, and was able to break in and get pictures. On my way out they shot me with something but I kept running. It took me almost two days to get out their base, but even when I did they still were after me and the pictures." 

I uncover the lid and see that it's a sandwich with fries to the side. Just how I like it. 

"The lead took me across the country, I didn't tell anyone where I was going so I had to make a decision. The poison was making it hard to continue but I was able to suck some of it out, but I wasn't going to be dumb and try to get the other's out there. Royal blood can fight viruses quick and you know that, so if it did that to me imagine what it would do to them. I decided I needed to get somewhere safe but couldn't think of anything so I came here."

I took a bit and it was nice but I wasn't going to tell him that. 

"They chased me until I cross your border,"

The drink looked like orange juice another of my favorites, I ate a fry and it was also tasty like the sandwich. 

"Tomorrow, we will look at those pictures, I will also get in contact with your betas to let them know that you and that you are safe."

"And who said that I was safe, don't call them yet, call Prince Nicolas in two days and tell him I'm here. Drake and Diana has an important mission I don't need me being here to distract them,"

He nods and I see him look out at the moon. 

"I heard that you and the prince are seeing each other." his gaze was still on the moon when he said that

"We are not friends Wayland, that is of no concern to you if we are seeing each other or not,"

A knock at the door makes us look at it, soon it opens and Taylor is standing there. Her head held high her features hard when she looks at me when her eyes land on Wayland they soften up. It's not like I liked you either. 

"August is waiting for both of you in your office as well as your dad and I."

"Ok, well be there soon, she's just going to finish eat and then we'll be there," his voice was cold towards her. 

It looks like trouble in paradise, I think to myself. It's not my problem so I continue to eat. 

Taylor gives him a stiff nod before turning and leaving the room. I finish my food and stand up waiting to go talk to those people. 

Wayland looks me down from head to toe, his eyes guarded. I raise my brow at him and all he does is raise it back at me like he didn't just do that after his fiancee wasn't just in the room with us. I swear weren't they suppose to get married already, cause I swear they've been together forever. 

He stands up and walks out of the room, I follow him and see that we were inside of a house, not a hospital. It was a nice looking house from the way the hallway was looking. The walls were painted a greyish blue and there were plants there. 

How lovely photosynthesis.