19

(Unedited)

Winter's POV

The days start to pass in a weird blur, it was filled with my training, eating, showering, sleeping, Bean and Drake trying to cook, and repeat. 

Today I woke up and didn't feel like doing my daily routine so I decided to go walk by the lake. As I'm walking I remember I use to come here when I was younger and cried. No one ever came looking for me here because I would sneak out, the only person who would look for me is my mother and August. If my dad knew I was out here he would just tell a guard to follow and make sure I'm back inside before a certain time. 

I sit on my regular rock and look out at the water. This place was like a friend to me, it was there for me whenever I needed its comfort and it would let me cry my eyes out without asking questions when all I wanted to do was cry. 

The area was known to have eagles, they were warrior eagles. To those who didn't know about the underwater world, they won't know is that they look form the skies, a place that the people down there couldn't reach. 

I feel all their eyes look down at me. I've been coming here since I was a child. I make the guards bring food out and leave for them every two days. I feel the shift in the atmosphere here I hear the paws running my way or the dominance that came with the wolf.

The dominance of this wolf is intimidating for many regular wolves but for me, it was something that I was used to because it reminded me of how my father's wolf is. A king wolf, a true alpha in his natural form as well as habitat. 

He was in the back of me, I waited to see if he shifted or was he going to stand there and look at me. 

"How do you expect him not to, we are gorgeous," Thorne says making me smiling on the inside. 

After a while, I knew that he shifted. He was moving, he walked closer to me but keeps a good distance. I turn to him and look up at Wayland. He was in all black like the time we met by the river. We watch each other for a while then he decides to move closer to me. He sits on a rock, he faces the lake. 

Deciding to follow him I turn and look at the lake. We don't talk just watch the lake together. An eagle flies down from one of the trees above so that he can rest on my shoulder. He looks down at the lake too, something that he was born to protect. 

"I wanted to talk to you," Wayland finally talks. I don't say anything, I show him that I am listening by sitting up straighter. 

"On the night of the Blood Moon, I want you to accept my rejection because I would like to start the process of Taylor becoming my queen as soon as possible."

"And why would we do that?" I wouldn't be the one rejecting him it would be Thorne and I, we have been one since the day that I first shifted. 

"It would make me happy?"

"Yes, you but what about your wolf, he wouldn't be happy and we know that. You must not be selfish Wayland, you have to think of him because he is a part of you, if you hurt him you hurt yourself as well."

"I'm not being selfish, I know that this will benefit us in the long run."

"How are you so sure nothing is certain on his earth, not even our own emotions."

"That I don't know Princess, but she is my happiness, she is my joy the reason that I smile every day."

"That's good for you, but she is also the reason you and your wolf aren't talking. Just like I am one of the reasons."

The eagle flies off my shoulder and goes back to his post. 

"If I do say yes and accept what will I gain in the process?"

"I will owe you a favor, anything you would like I will give it to you when the time comes."

I turn to face him knowing that he hasn't taken his eyes off me since the beginning of the conversation. The favor sounds interesting. 

"And how will I know that you will not back out when I come to use my favor?" 

"I give you my word," 

My laughter fills the air," That means nothing at all to me, I need something solid."

That was the truth, some people it made no sense to take their word for it because, in the end, they could pretend that they never said it. 

"A blood pack."

"No, because if I reject you, I will not want anything linking us together, no bond at all."

He nods his head on understanding. 

"I want to sign a contract, the contract will be valid only if I choose to reject you. In the contract I want it to state that you can't say no to my demand no matter what it is."

"Ok that can be arranged, we can have the witches sign off on it to make it unbreakable."

"She wants to see him." 

"No." his answer was firm and cold. We were having such a nice conversation, he had to turn and be an ass.

"Why not, it may be her first and only time that they can talk. "

Thorne's POV 

I smile when I see Storm's eyes, they are beautiful just like his soul and his wolf. I stand and walk over to his slowly. He is smiling at me, I see the hint of sadness in his eyes. 

"She's going to fix this, I trust her." I was referring to Winter. 

"How are you so sure."

"I just do." I go back and sit where we were sitting," I wish things were different. Maybe if we weren't enemies he would look at us differently, or if we meet before."

"I'm not sure if he would look at you any different if he met the two of you after. He does love her, I'm trying to show him all we need in a mate is the two of you but he is a stubborn mule."

A smile breaks out on my face and because of the smile, he smiles back as well. 

"How old are you two?"

"We are the young age of twenty-three and you?"

"We are eighteen, you had to know that because of Augustus and Bear, our twins."

A sad smile forms on my face," I wish I could touch you and hold you but we can't it would make the rejection harder on us when it's time. That is if we go through with it."

"I understand. I wish I could hold you once at least," I shake my head knowing it would hurt us more. 

"There are rumors about Prince Nicholas asking you to become his mate, would you do it if you do accept?"

"Everything happens for a reason. That is all that I will be telling you."

I remove myself from the rock and stretch. I smile up at the trees. 

"It was nice talking to you even though it was brief. We have to go."  

I don't wait for his answer when we start making our way back to the house. 

"You did good T, I know that it hurts but we will be fine, we always are in the end. Cause all we truly need in the end is me and you, no one else."

"I know." I clean the falling tears from our cheek. The wind blows and I feel it pass around me trying to say that it's ok.