14

The night of the prince's ball came soon. As I stand here looking at my dress I can't help but see how it looks on me. The red material was made out of the finest cloths of the kingdom, the sleeves were long but there was no back. My curves were shown and my eyes popped out because of the cat-eye the makeup stylist did. My hair was done my back in waves and my lips were mate red to match the red of my dress.

I look down at my freshly polished black nails. I put on some jewelry and get ready to go to the ball. I sigh knowing I'm going to need the power of the goddess to get through this night filled with fake smiles, faces, laughter, and people.

When I reach the location of the ball I don't bother putting on a fake smile on my face. I play with the simple bracelet on my wrist. After a couple of minutes of standing outside, I walk inside. The party started at 7 pm, but now it's 8:30 and I'm walking in.

They better be happy I decided to even come here. There are many things I could be doing right now, the blood moon is strong tonight and my wolf is on edge.

I walk in and everyone stops what they were doing and now they were looking at me. Wow I feel like Cinderella. I look up to see that Wayland is there with her they were dancing. I look at them and can't help but want to go over there and pull her heart out while looking in her eyes and seeing the life leave them.

I need to calm down that is what need a to happen. As they see me walk in he pulls away from her, I know that he can feel the pull of the bond. When our eyes meet I notice that they are darker than they usually are. His wolf is closer to the surface because of the moon getting closer.

When I turn looking around the room everyone was looking at me. I locate of the thrown and walk up there to greet the royal family. It would be rude and disrespectful for a royal of my age not too great them.

I curtsey in front of them, the King gives me a small smile that I return.

"And you must be?" his toneless voice questions

"Princess Winterria-Rose your majesty."

"Nice to finally need you, demon princess."

"The pleasure is mine Demon King."

After some brief conversation, I turn and make my way to the back of the room. Many eyes follow my movements one I know belongs to August who as well as Wayland has been watching every move I've made since I've gotten here.

Many different men, as well as women, try to get my attention. None of them have anything that can keep my attention for long, that is if I give it to them.

After an hour of me sitting down and people walking by me trying to get on my good side, I get up and find my way outside in a garden. I sit down on a bench and look up at the amazing moon that is shining down at me. That brings a smile to my face and I couldn't help the two tears that roll down my cheek.

I wipe them away, the tears are the only emotion I will allow my poor heartbroken wolf. I close my eyes and listen to the flying of the amazing creatures that are out here in the garden. I look around to get a better look at the garden, it was quick beautiful. Many amazing flowers were growing around the garden, there was also some fruit trees around as well. I could see an apple tree, mango, peach, and other amazing fruits.

The perfume of the flowers and the fruits give the garden an amazing smell. There was also beautiful water fountaining in the middle of the garden of a wolf and standing next to the wolf stands the goddess. I look at her face and she smiles down at the wolf with a soft smile on her face. I sit down and look down into the water and see my reflection.

"You may think the world is too big

But it's fine my love, I shall concur it with you

Please, my light don't ever look blue

I can promise you that I will love you

I will always come back and choose you.

Mates by faith lovers since above..."

I sing a part of the song my mother used to sing to me since I was a baby.

"Beautiful," I turn to see a man watching me from under an apple tree.

"Me or the song?" I joke.

"Both, but you are the top out of the two."

"I wish that I could say I haven't heard that before but I have."

He steps into the light so that the first thing I notice is the way he looks relaxed but his eyes tell all the truths that he tries to hide. But I see it, I always see it.

"What are you doing out here your majesty, no females catching your attention inside?" I know that sent it was that of the royal family of Hela, even if they didn't have the sent they had a presence about them. It's like most of them demand to be seen or to be acknowledged.

The kingdom of Hela was known because of there ties with the Merus. He was once a very powerful god that had many powers, he used to live here on earth before he just disappeared.

Many say that Helians have a bit of that presence to them.

"All are beautiful but all they really care about is knowing more about how to become the next Queen or being in my bed for the next couple of hours."

"Oh, and you don't like that?"

"No, I'm looking for a connection that is spiritual, mental but not yet physical."

"Some connections have to start physically then they will turn into the other two."

"And you why are you here?"

"I think because my parents had nothing better to do with themselves eighteen years ago," that got a velvety chuckle from him.

"That's not what I'm talking about and you know it," he sits down next to me.

"I'm here because I have to be not because I want to be." And because my wolf wants to see the excuse of a mate that was giving to us by the goddess.