7

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV

King Wayland had on black jeans a green t-shirt and some marching green converse, and a blond wig.

I got up from my seat and walk passed him letting the my scent seep through my pores. His eyes snap up and looked at the direction I just was, at that moment I was on ten feet away from him. I could clearly see his face from here but he could see me.

I look at his face to see if he would be at lease a little happy to feel a bond but all I saw was disgust.

No

"I'm sorry T," I say when I heard her voice. 

Please let's leave.

Not wanting to be here longer and let  Thorne feel anymore pain. I turn and walk away. When I was little I never wanted a mate. August was there and that was all I needed to be happy, he was my built-in best friend. He was enough for me, but I couldn't say the same thing for him after all he left. 

At the Academy, I would let Thorne talk about how it would be like to have a mate. If we would argue a lot or always be on the same page. She said that he would be the only one that saw us for us and love us and wouldn't leave. He so would think that we are enough.

It hurt to know that she can't get what she always wanted. I want her to be happy because she's been through so much, she deserves happiness.

Thorne wasn't and still not allowed to show her through self to most of the army, and kingdom. We always had each other before Augustus, this was the only thing I knew was keeping her happy to know that we had someone out there that can love us. Not just one part of us but the entire thing.

He didn't even wait for us, Rose. He doesn't want us. What did we do wrong Rose, can we fix it, please. Maybe we can tell him were Sorry and ask to start over. He may not actually love her. He may be faking it, I hope that he is. Tell me that he is.

At each of her pleading words, I feel our heartbreak. He doesn't want us and I realized that the moment that I look at her. His chosen Queen, he doesn't want someone that his people have hated since we excited, it won't change now that he is the future ruler.

I can feel her whimpers of pain. I want to make it stop but I can't. All I can do is say we'll get through this together, like everything this world has ever thrown at us. It's always been us against the world. And we're winning even when we're losing.

Walking up Jeff's Bookstore. I open the door to find Bean next to a birdcage with a dove on his finger.

The dove is cooing while he listens. He turns around when he heard the bells chime and to find me. He gives me a small nod in which I return. Bean turns back and continues to listen to the dove.

"Rose," said a gruff voice that I will always remember.

"Jeff," I said looking at the balding man. Jeff was once the King's most trusted guards, when his daughter Melody found her mate, Dallas, she moved her to live with him. Jeff and his mate soon followed to be able to see their grandchildren.

"How's the shop Jeff?" I question him while looking around his store. He may be an ex guard of the king, but he is an amazing writer. He writes stories of every kind, he is one of the best that ever existed he could also see glimpses of the future but only when the goddess needed him to.

"Doing good my princess," he said taking out a book and giving it to me. No one is in the store so it's ok to call me that. Even though I hate it, Jeff is one of the rare ones I allow to call me princess.

I hand the book to Bean and he puts it in his backpack. I turn to the shelves and see if I can find something new for the young pups.

They love when Bean reads them something. He is a pup in a grown man's body that could read. I find one and also hand it to Bean who is now talking to the dove, while the dove is nodding it's head.

At that moment Jeff and I look at each other and share a small smile. Oh, Bean.