5 (Part 2)

(Unedited)

Winter-Rose POV

After we were safely away from the mansion, I smile at Bean and Drake, and they both return my smile.

"Did you get the information," I questioned. They nod their heads, we sit back and wait to arrive back home.

As soon as everyone at the party that saw me tonight wakes up in the morning they will have a different memory of what happened tonight.

Tomorrow they will remember Katrina Gwin, duchess to the Grand Werewolf Council in London visiting. They wouldn't remember my name, nor anything about the night. They will remember the King asking me for a seat and accompanying me outside. The King will remember Katrina taking the prisoners to London for safekeeping.

It's always good to be dangerous.

Smirking, I twirl my hair that looks black to me but is blonde to everyone else in my hand. This beautiful dress looks red. Even my heartbeat is different.

The entire house will forget hearing about Winter-Rose but remember Katrina Gwin. I've always been able to change my appearance, only persons who know I could do that are Drake, Bean, and my parents.

Many people in the army know Katrina as Winter's unofficial right-hand woman. Too bad the poor souls don't know it's actually me. They have said some bad things regarding me and don't even know it.

Poor souls always did wonder why I made them run extra miles. Simple.  I'm quit petty.

Closing my eyes, I let the bond I have to the hounds come through me. I fell there light force, just as they fell to mine. I let them know they aren't needed at the castle anymore and they could leave. I also remove the trance I had all the other soldiers under. It helps them see Katrina, not Winter.

Once done I open my eyes to see Bean holding the tracking device. He gives it to me, I summon a hound giving it to her and telling her to have fun. If they go looking for us well be everywhere and nowhere.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next day

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I can feel the rocks under my feet as I run across the woods, memorizing the curve of the trees, the chirps of the birds, the crispness of the air. Since I've been a child I've loved running blindfolded in the woods.

It gets me more in touch with nature. Today I choose to let all my senses work, to see the beauty of nature. The way the birds communicate with each other, the way the caterpillar eats. It all helps me to be the person I am.

If I can't love nature how can I control wild wolves? The answer is you can't. It's in my nature to love it. It's the only thing I know that won't leave or expect something from me that I can't give, and it won't reject me for being me.

The rushing of the river brought me out of my thought. It's the most beautiful place that connects two wolf kingdoms. The water is known to have magical powers that keep the balance.

Once the water turned black, a war happened and more than three million wolves were lost on both sides.

"Beta August don't you think it will be a good idea to enforce security in the tunnels. Our enemies got so close to the castle through them," said a soft voice to my brother.

"No, they wanted to be caught that's why we were able to catch them," he answered.

"They put up a fight,"

"You can't have your enemy thinking that you want to get caught. Pretend that you don't want to be there so their guards are lowered when you strik," he explained to her.

Surrounding my kingdom border is a shield that makes it close to impossible to see through. By the river, we can't see each other. The shield is like a fog to others. It's dangerous to get through.

"Winter, the hounds are about to be released, the fog will be lifted do you want to wait until you are not by the border," just as Bean said that I saw Wayland and Taylor join my brother and the girl on the next side. The girl was very beautiful, now I recognize her as the princess, Wayland's sister Willow.

Bean appeared to my right side while Drake to my left. I consider my options before deciding to let the hounds out.

"Lower the fog," I said looking at my mate, who was smiling down at Taylor as she smiled at him.

I feel as though Thorne was holding on by a thread. She knows I will never allow her to start a war between the kingdoms over a foolish man. A queen doesn't fight for a man that's not worth fighting for.

"But they'll know you are here," Drake smiled at the idea. He always liked putting a little fear into people, makes them remember him in the long run.

"Let them know that a Queen, Royal Beta, and right hand is gracing them with our presence," said Bean, looking at the catfish in hunger. 

With one snap of his fingers, the fog disappeared. I blew out a breath, every pair of eyes on their side turn to us.

"Hello Augustus," I said keeping my gaze on my mate.

"Winter," his voice monotone, Wayland puts a protective arm around Taylor, while she looked me in shock.

It's always shocking to see how beautiful we are. I can't help but chuckle at what Thorne said.

All eyes turn to me, including the catfish.

"Augie," I say finally looking at my dear brother, turning back to Wayland, "Hounds release,"

With that, all the hounds come running out. None passing close to any of us. For one second I let Thorne look at Wayland because I could see his wolf came out, just in case the hounds tried anything.

I let her show how angry we are that he couldn't wait for us. That we never meant anything to him, to them. That we didn't even have a chance to fight for us before it was decided we weren't good enough.

I would let a tear roll down my eyes but that would show weakness. He wants to reject me go ahead, I know my worth and will not lower myself for someone who doesn't deserve me or my wolf. The shield comes back in place blocking them from our view. 

ⒶⓃ

9/20

So, I want to kill Wayland.

Anyone else no just me. Ok.