Obligatory Bro Fight

"I'm getting better at finding who the cultists are."

Mishima was bouncing off the cafe walls, holding his notebook over his head. Yukari had found the excitable boy almost annoying, that is if he wasn't so endearing. He had quickly joined the group as one of their own, despite not having a Persona. It was helpful to have him, especially since he was able to get his hands on information that the rest of them couldn't. Yukari sat back in her seat as Mishima continued.

"Nise Karuto is an older man who is often sighted near strange shops and clothing stores. He's charismatic, and I think he kidnaps young girls using that tactic." Mishima's jumping eventually stopped when he flung himself into Yusuke's arms. He relaxed into the taller boy's chest, flicking through the notebook. "The latest kidnapping was from Shujin again, someone named Nash Kaku. They've been missing for a while now, so you should probably get going as soon as you can."

Minato slid from the counter where he was seated, running his fingers through his hair. He addressed the group, sweeping his gaze over each Persona user. It was a glare that Yukari could never get used to, especially now when it contained so much. "We secured that mansion, so that will be a place to train. After some discussion, we have decided that we'll cycle out our fighters. We're a group now, instead of three teams, so that means we fight together. If you aren't leading the navigation of the temples, then we do expect you to train."

"These cultists are serious, and up until now, we've barely held them off." Akira folded his arms over his chest as he spoke. "We will show them that we are not to be tampered with. We are the Persona users, the only ones who can save this city."

Yukari wasn't on the original attack of this temple. She was part of the second rotation, falling into place to continue navigation when the first group grew tired. In the meantime, she was training in the Chaos Space to better adjust to the Chaos Realm itself.

"Io! Lend me your strength!"

It was different to feel Io in the Chaos Spaces. The two were more together than before, meaning that Yukari could feel the power being her own. She stared down her target, taking in a deep breath and feeling the power stir in her chest. A moment later, she breathed out needles of wind, arrows that pierced the air and embedded themselves into the target on the wall.

"You're looking good Yukari." Yosuke was beside her, smiling rather softly. "It's kinda weird to feel your power this well, huh?" He was standing next to Ryuji, the blond giving them both a toothy grin. "We wanted to ask if you could monitor a spar between us, and heal us if we need it. Would you mind?"

"Oh sure!"

Yukari followed the two boys to an empty room, standing off to the side in case they needed healing. They stood opposite each other, and at once the room was filled with tension. Ryuji smiled with dangerously sharp teeth, bright yellow lightning starting to crackle around him. Yosuke stretched his arms before crouching into a fighting stance. It was interesting to watch the two fight, considering how different their styles were.

Yosuke was fast, plain and simple. The way he fought was quick and light, rapid attacks in succession. His magic and strength weren't too bad, but his biggest drawback was his poor endurance. Yukari had seen how weak he got after a few hard hits, his power not built to withstand strong attacks.

Ryuji was sturdy and defensive, preferring to wear down his enemies until he could land his powerful blows. His strength and endurance were nothing to be trifled with, though his electricity didn't pack as huge a punch as the other's. The two were rather evenly matched.

Yosuke attacked first, zipping forward so fast that Yukari could feel the wind peeling off of him. He slammed his feet into Ryuji, a Garu backing up his legs as he kicked the blond into the far wall. Yosuke chuckled as he got back into his fighting pose, but when the dust cleared, it was obvious that it would take far more than just a gust of wind to take out Ryuji.

The blond had his arms up, the front of his ship protecting his body. He peeked out from behind it, smirking at Yosuke. "I ain't that easy to take out, ya know."

"I figured Ryuji. Let's get serious." Yosuke was gone in a flash, the only evidence of where he was was the blur of green and white bouncing off the walls and slamming into Ryuji over and over again. Yukari watched this for a while, realizing that they were both using their main strategy for fighting. Ryuji clearly couldn't keep up with Yosuke's speed, but was able to see him enough to move his shield in time. It was going to take a lot more than rapid fire attacks to break through Ryuji's defense.

Then Yukari noticed the lightning. Ryuji's right hand was charging the bright yellow bolts, preparing to attack back once he had the chance. That's right, Ryuji's lightning can be transformed into a kind of electric bomb. Yosuke dove in for another attack, the shield sweeping to the side. The cannon arm shot out, the ball of electricity firing. Yosuke flinched backwards, narrowly avoiding the attack. The ball exploded, covering a large space with lightning. Smart. Now Yosuke can't move through there.

But Yosuke wasn't defeated yet. "Now that I'm warmed up, let's see if you can take whatever else I throw at you!" Yosuke summoned Jiraiya's scarf around his neck, pulling the fabric into one hand. He raced forward, Ryuji putting up his shield again. In a flash, the scarf shot up, wrapping around the rafters. What is he getting at? Right before Yosuke hit the shield, he pulled hard on the scarf, hauling himself up and over Ryuji. Yukari watched as Yosuke flipped around smoothly, before slamming his fist into his back before he could move the shield.

Ryuji was launched away, managing to stay standing after such a hard hit. Yosuke dropped to the floor, snickering. "Guess that means I'm better huh?"

"Hah, I was just warming up too." The shield on his arms split down the middle, turning into metal gauntlets. "No holds barred." Yosuke raced forward again, not even caring that Ryuji had his shield. The blond punched with both arms, one fist connecting with Yosuke's shoulder. There was a groan, but then the pointed end of the stern shot out lightning fast. Yosuke was unable to avoid it, a cut landing on his cheek. He leapt away, sticking to the wall with Jiraiya's sticky hands. He was panting, but then Yukari noticed the scarf in his hand. The other end was wrapped firmly around Ryuji's arm.

With a shout, Yosuke yanked the scarf hard. Ryuji flew through the air, slamming into the wall beside Yosuke hard. The frog jumped to the opposite wall, throwing Ryuji into the ground with another hard slam. The blond got up, coughing a bit. They were both suffering, near the end of the spar. But they weren't done yet. Ryuji held out his left hand, golden claws sparking with electricity. He jabbed them into his leg, a long shiver running through his body. His eyes lit up yellow, full of power. Power Charge.

Yosuke wound his scarf around him, wind whipping through the room before the red fabric shattered apart. Yosuke was nowhere to be seen. His voice kept travelling, seeming to fill the room with sound. "Can't see me now!"

Ryuji sent one of his charged shots into the ground beneath him. At once the frog appeared, a tornado of wind in his palm. But Ryuji was ready too. His own fist matched Yosuke's, the two hitting at the exact same time.

When the room cleared, both boys were on the ground. Yosuke was smoking slightly from the lightning, and Ryuji was covered in bruises. Yukari rushed over to check on them, but at once they hopped up and fist bumped.

"That was so cool bro!"

They're going to be fine.