Party Time

"And so I think that chaotic energy is what affects Mishima so bad. It's like his body is so unused to it, that being around people like us is what makes him sick." Futaba chattered excitedly as she swept through pages and pages of notes on her tablet. Rise couldn't even begin to understand what she had there, but she trusted the other Navi with whatever she wrote down.

"That's crazy Futaba, but it makes sense." The idol skipped ahead, leaving the other two Navis behind. "I have dance today, so I'll talk to you guys after that!" She called over her shoulder, waving at Fuuka and Futaba. She ran off, excited for dance today.

Rise ended dance that day absolutely fuming. She changed out of her uniform lightning quick, throwing her clothes into her bag before storming out. The idol burst into the dorms, startling Akira who had been lounging there. She threw her bag into a nearby chair before flopping down.

"Rise-"

"You know Daisuko?"

Akira set down his book and looked up. "Oh yeah, doesn't she talk shit about us all the time?"

Rise nodded and tugged on her pigtails. "Well she's hosting a party this weekend, and invited everyone in the school, but she explicitly said that no transfer students were allowed. The only way I heard about it was from some of the people in dance. They asked if I was going, being an idol and all."

Akira sighed. "So what do you want to do about it?"

Rise jumped up enthusiastically and leaned over Akira, who shied backwards on instinct. "I wanna go." She hoped the gleam in her eyes was enough to convey that she wanted to do more than just go to the party. She wanted to tear the place to the ground.

The thief nudged her aside and stood, pacing a bit. "If we asked Yu, he'd probably be able to get us in through the TV, though we'd need a distraction." He muttered to himself, Rise bouncing on the balls of her feet. While she was never one for revenge, Daisuko deserved it. She often waited outside the classroom and dorm building, loudly jeering at the transfers, especially the three leaders.

"Oh!" Rise popped up and grabbed Akira's sleeve. "I could offer to sing for her as Risette! Obviously she doesn't know I'm the real Risette, otherwise she would have asked me. I know she listens to my music." Akira turned on his heel and smiled. Rise had never taken too much notice before, but the thief's smile conveyed his emotions easily.

And right now, that smile was full of malice.

"I'll go talk to Yu and Minato. Can you get the other two Navis together? This summer just got a lot more interesting." Akira strode off towards Yu's room while Rise scrambled to get her phone out of her pocket.

>> Hey ladies! We're gonna ruin Daisuko's party, come help us plan!

<< hehe, im already on my way. I know where the party is too

<< Oh, will you need my assistance? I'll be over there shortly.

Rise closed her phone with a click and bounced around the common room for a moment. As a second thought, she grabbed her dance bag and threw it in her room, returning with a notepad to find both Fuuka and Futaba waiting for her. She greeted them politely, but she could feel a fire burning in her chest. Get ready Daisuko.

The six teens wrote out a rather lengthy plan, Rise eventually getting into contact with Daisuko and offering to play at her party for no charge. Daisuko agreed, even when Rise asked if she could bring some extra hands to help out. The three leaders decided to have a two stage plan. The first stage was getting the three of them in there as sneakily as possible, with the goal of causing disturbance with the guests.

Stage two was a little more excitable, with Yu helping the rest of the Persona users flood the venue and enjoying the party. There wasn't going to be anything that Daisuko could do about it, and the transfer students would get to ruin her perfect city girl party.

Rise couldn't wait.

When the day of the party rolled around, Rise took Fuuka, Ann, and Naoto with her up to the venue, which happened to be a rather nice mansion on a hill. Rise didn't have too many things to take with her, as there was already a stage and sound system hooked up, but she and the others had boxes full of various things. Rise's box in particular was stuffed full of tiny cameras that Futaba insisted on them setting up there.

Rise gave Ann the cameras, trusting the thief to set them up just right. Meanwhile she busied herself with Fuuka and Naoto, setting up lights and the stage for the show. Daisuko came up to them at one point, asking if they needed any help.

"Oh, no we're good thanks." Naoto hopped off the stage to bow, thanking Daisuko for the offer. Rise felt a bit of turmoil in her gut, hoping that Naoto wouldn't be misgendered.

"Alright, that's good. I'll see you three ladies later!"

Naoto looked queasy, grabbing Rise's arm for support as Daisuko turned on her heel and left. Rise carefully held the detective's hand, knowing how hard it was to be misgendered like that. "Don't worry Naoto, she'll pay soon enough."

Ann skipped back over, an empty box in her hands. "All the cameras are in place, and I found a large TV in a common room. I texted Akira to tell him, and he said that Yu and Kuma are looking for this place as we speak." She stuffed the box under the stage, before setting herself up at the corner.

Rise scanned the area, making sure that everything was in place. When she was satisfied with the result, she turned back to the other three and smiled. Then her smile faltered. There were things floating over her vision, and the more she looked, the more she realized they were numbers and letters.

Naoto Shirogane, Persona: Sukuna-Hikona. Curse and Bless. 152 cm. Arcana: Wheel of Fortune.

Ann Takamaki, Persona: Carmen. Fire. 168 cm. Arcana: Lovers.

Fuuka Yamagishi, Persona: Lucia. Navigation and Support. 152 cm. Arcana: Priestess.

Rise blinked hard, shaking her head. When she opened her eyes again, the numbers and letters were gone, and everything was normal again. She chewed on her lip as she tried to think about why that had happened. It was almost like looking through Himiko's visor.

Before Rise could get too lost, a crackling sounded in her ear. Futaba's voice came through, her words quickly clearing of static.

"Rise! Is everything set up?"

"Everything is good on our end, Oracle." Rise watched as a few party guests started spilling into the area, so she hopped up on stage. She gave a thumbs up to the three down at her feet, each of them signalling back that they were ok. The lights flicked on, music swelling around her, feeling natural and free. She leaned into the head set first, a snide smile on her face as she gazed out.

"Begin stage one."