Rise of the God Slayers

Rise watched from behind the line of police tape as the slightly burned body was carried away. She felt fire burning in her stomach, and eventually had to turn away. She almost bumped into Yu, who had been staring, dumbfounded at the scene. She could feel the waves of fear radiating from the leader.

"Yu..." She messed with the hem of her skirt. Feeling all of the emotions from the Investigation Team was already a mess, but piling those of S.E.E.S. and the Phantom Thieves on top and well... it didn't help her sleep at night. And now with this new turmoil, she didn't know what to do.

"It was just like in my dreams." Yu sank to his knees, clutching the sleeves of his shirt. He was trembling, though luckily everyone else had left at this point. It was just the two of them. "It...whoever it was didn't have Yosuke, or Chie, or your face..." He shook his head and stood again. The fear was still so strong.

Rise carefully reached up and tugged on Yu's shoulder. "Come on, everyone is waiting in that cafe for us. The Thieves' informant has more information for us." She knew it would be best if they got out of the way of the police, and if Yu got away from the scene. Thankfully he gave way, following Rise back to the red cafe.

Besides the Thieves and themselves, Fuuka and Kirijo were also there. Kurusu wouldn't stop glaring daggers at Yu, though the gray haired boy didn't notice. I can't believe they still hate each other so much. Rise sighed and sat down next to Fuuka.

The informant, Mishima, was trembling. "I'm sorry... I really spoke too soon." Kitagawa was gently holding Mishima's hand, the unlikely pair rather cute. "A-anyway, uhm, the new suspect I have...well it's one of the police officers who was working with the crime scene, Zurui Habisune."

Rise fidgeted more. The emotional turmoil in the room wasn't helping the situation, and Kurusu and Yu glaring at each other only made things worse. She had talked to Naoto earlier, and found similar frustration towards all three leaders.

"I don't know what's going on with these murders or cultists or whatever, but you kids had better stay safe." The owner, Sakura, grumbled in a rather irritated, yet caring way. "And I thought we told you that us adults would take care of everything, Akira."

"Gah, I know I know." The black haired boy shook his curls out, pulling at his bangs. "But normal people can't handle this! This is all supernatural things, and only the Persona users can take care of this shit." How close is he to this cafe owner to be able to talk about Personas so easily?

Sakura grumbled again. "No matter how many times you explain this to me, I won't be able to get it. Fine, just, please be careful." He took a long sip from his cup of coffee before talking again. "You haven't introduced me to these people yet."

Rise popped up, rather cheerfully, trying to lighten the mood a bit. "I'm Rise Kujikawa! I'm staying in the dorms with the Thieves, as well as my friends on the Investigation Team. You've probably seen my posters around the city, back from when I was doing my idol business."

Yu laughed, and although it was forced, it helped lift the tension from the room. "And I'm the leader of said Investigation Team. Yu Narukami." He bowed to Sakura despite the hiss from Kurusu across the room. Rise could feel Yu's fear melting away, and she let out a sigh of relief. We're relaxing after such a scare. The other two introduced themselves, though Kirijo's introduction was a little tense.

"You're all welcome to come down here whenever you need something, alright?" Sakura smiled warmly at the Persona users as they stood up to leave. "And Akira, I do expect you to come down and help at times as well."

Rise walked out into the warm morning air, taking a deep breath. The air wasn't as clean in the city as it was out in Inaba, but it still felt rather refreshing. Yu was by her side, and once again she could feel his fear.

She had known for a while that the leader had some abilities that extended beyond just the power of his Persona. His gut feeling was often correct, in a way that he could almost be considered a Navi. Rise trusted in him, especially in the real world where her own abilities were so muted.

"Are you kids ok?"

Rise felt her skin prickle before she even looked up at the police officer approaching them. The red, bouncing curls and similarly colored eyes matched Mishima's description of that next cultist perfectly, but it was only made more obvious by the name badge. Zurui Habisune. Static crackled softly in the air, Yu instantly on the defensive.

"Oh, we're fine, thanks." Kurusu was by their side too, though she could tell it wasn't because he wanted to be. Zurui was more than just dangerous, and being this close to so many Persona users would set any normal person off. "Just a little scared, ya know?"

She hadn't expected Yu to nod along, going with what Kurusu was playing at. "Shaken and nervous. After all, I was the one who found the body." The longer they stood by the woman, the more Rise could feel her energy. There was something ungodly deadly about this police officer, and more than likely, she was the next cultist the Persona users needed to target.

"Well, that's good. Gotta keep these streets safe, ya know!" Zurui chirped cheerfully before turning on her heel. "Oh, you there, who found the body. What was your name?" Rise felt like she was being rubbed the wrong way. No, no don't answer her.

"My name is Yu Narukami." She bit the inside of her cheek, feeling that without a doubt, Yu should not have answered her.

Zurui messed with her hat before casting a smile at the Persona users over her shoulder. "Narukami, huh? A nice name. It's at least good to know that you aren't a liar." With that she walked away, leaving the group in shock.

Rise turned on Yu. "You shouldn't have given her your name!"

Yu held up his hands in defense, confusion flashing across his face. "Agh! I'm sorry, I didn't know...that was that supposed cultist Mishima was talking about, right? Same name and face?"

"She is most certainly dangerous. I could feel a lot of bad energy radiating from her....And that was without Lucia!" Fuuka was trembling just a little. Everyone was on edge, whispering among themselves. That was until Mishima approached them, his hands shaking as he held his phone. He slowly turned it around to reveal a news article about a black haired delinquent kid from Shujin Academy. Rise's heart dropped as she scanned the article.

"Zurui Tafu, a student from Shujin Academy, was reported missing this morning. The school reports that while he was not a victim of bullying, he did have a history of violent acts and tendencies. Some people have been led to believe he got involved with the rumored cultists all around Tokyo."

"So that's it huh." Kurusu's voice was filled with venom. They have the same name...so it could only mean... "Zurui's kidnapped her own son."

"We can't afford to lose anymore time." Yu snapped his glasses into place on his nose. "Zurui needs to be taken down now." These murders and cultists keep getting worse and worse. I guess the only thing I can do is keep with my support, like I always have.

Please, watch over them, Himiko.