Chapter Nine

Hey lovelies! Thanks to those who read my story so far... Comment,Vote,Fan! :D

Chapter Nine

Kaira Razz

It's been a week since Ally and I made known of our soulmate. Well, almost since I didn't see his face.

I groaned in frustration. Why do I have to face this? What did I do to deserve this, this, curse?

Whoa, absurd much?

I don't think so.

I remembered coming back home that sad, rainy day, only to be awakened by dad's fury. He couldn't believe that my soulmate would run off like that. Unacceptable, he said.

To me, it was just heart-breaking.

Ally didn't spoke a word since. She barely ate and cried in her sleep. Whenever she needed something, she would just point and if we didn't understood, she would just give up.

I tried to link with her, but she blocked me out completely. Ally would disappear from time to time and it got me worried. Caden assured me that she just went for a run and he was watching her from time to time. I couldn't be more grateful.

What's worrying me most was, her fur didn't change colour from that day, the darkest black I have ever seen. It was beyond black, I don't even know that existed because when I looked carefully, it was like I could stare at an endless darkness.

It was really creeping me and my family out.

To be honest, I was like this too. Eating became so distasteful; words are like a heavy iron coming out of my mouth. I spaced out, a lot and it was distracting me from school. Ray and Lia can't get anything from me, but they still stuck with me, being patient.

Well, I told them eventually after much persuasion and tears. They were excited through their minds, but sad as well.

But, I can almost be sure what was Ray's expression every time he looked at me, was pain and hurt. It wasn't a sympathetic one like Athilia’s. It was, like I had hurt him in some way.

I shook off the feeling most of the time.

My birthday...our birthday, is in two weeks’ time and I couldn't be happier. I can't wait to get my element. It's just so exciting to see my brother and dad practice sometimes.

Dad is a Fire bender, but Jeremy was an Earth bender, like my mom. You can tell by our garden that she's doing a great job in practicing her element. I admire her, and I wish that I got the Earth element too.

It was Sunday and I hung out at our backyard, getting some fresh air.

Dad, Mom and their Spectras were out, doing some grocery and seeing some people. Jeremy and Caden were practicing at the backyard, looking almost out of breath.

They were sparring and Caden was taking Jeremy's blow like it was it was a walk in the park. He didn't phase one bit and Jeremy was getting more and more frustrated.

"Damn Caden. Didn't it hurt you at all?" Jeremy whined while throwing off a medium sized rock at Caden. He swiftly smacked it back towards Jeremy with his body.

"Nope…" He popped the 'p' and earned another groan from Jeremy.

Jeremy huffed and dodged gracefully to the side. At the process, he tripped by some roots of the nearby tree and landed face-down on the ground. Caden laughed incredulously loud and rolled on his back.

I cracked a smile at that, and just continued watching the free drama my brothers were giving me.

Suddenly, he jumped back on his paws and climbed a tree, still laughing. His tail swished from side to side and his fur turned from burgundy red, to a bright yellow. What a happy colour.