Chapter Twenty-Seven

I KNOW...I am totally late...But just putting this up. Love you guys! Thanks for reading :)

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Kaira Razz

If there was one word to be used to describe these people, it was evil.

 I lost track of time, and I felt that I was losing myself bit by bit. The seconds, the minutes, the hours, the days, whichever happened, I didn’t know. One thing that I do know was that it had been long… way long much to my liking.

I was treated like shit. Wrong, I was treated worse than shit.

The place was terrible. The cell I was in had soil as flooring, and I could swear that I felt something crawling on me a few times. No, lots of times. Ergh.

It stunk, and a horrible stench hung in the air like I was in a sewer or something. I wasn’t surprise if I really was. It was dark and musty and I was very uncomfortable. Not only that, it was surprisingly cold and I caught myself shivering from time to time. That, I couldn’t figure out why. I was in luck that I have my Fire to warm me up.

They hadn’t even let me go from these heavy chains. I tried to expand them, using my fire but to no use. I guess they used a kind of alloy that didn’t expand, which I don’t know what. I tried pulling it from the rocky wall, but to no avail. These suckers were very resilient!

I hadn’t got out from my dress. It was very dirty and torn at a few places. That, I didn’t mind much. But the fact that I can’t even go pee at a proper place was way too much. When I shouted for the guard that was assigned to watch over the prisoners here at the end of the hallway, he told me to dig a hole and make my business there.

What a fucked up place, I thought to myself now and then.

Even so, I took all those time to observe my surrounding thoroughly. I counted that there were about twenty cells along the long hallway, and at the time being, there was only Ally and me occupying two.

Speaking of Ally, she was chained up on the wall too, but by the neck, which was way more painful (those bastards). She’s been very uncomfortable and I feel all the anguish going in her right now. They separated us in different cells, and I wanted so badly to take her in my arms and comfort her. She needs me right now, and I had to be far away from her.

Ally was always the strong-willed type, but what had beckoned over us did shake her to the core, I can feel it. Nevertheless, she didn’t display it and kept it to herself, to not worry me. But I always mind-linked with her, and asking if she was okay. And everytime, she would reassure me that she was.

I hate it when Ally was in pain. I hate the fact that I can do nothing about it.

‘Are you okay, Ally?’ I asked her once more. I think it’s already the hundredth time, but she never got annoyed with me. Of course, I was her Bender, so she wouldn’t, but I felt that she was calmer when talking to me, one way or another rather than be in eerie silence.

‘Yeah, I’m good…well; at least I’m still breathing so that kind of counts…you?’

‘We’ve been way better…’ I sighed, ‘…I’m so sorry Ally…’ I apologized to her all of a sudden because I felt the need to. She didn’t respond immediately, so I craned up my neck to look at her, and she was lying on the ground with her head on her front legs. Even in the dark, I can make out her fur colour was white.

She was facing outside her cell, when she turned to look at me with teary eyes. I panicked.

‘Baby, what’s wrong? Why are you crying? Are you okay?’ I asked her quickly. She nodded, and started to inch closer towards my cell. I did the same, going as far as I can go, with my hands and legs at my back because of the chains. I projected my body forward and let my head as close I can get to the bars that were separating us.