Chapter Twenty-Six

Am sooooo sorry loveliess. I tried, and now it's here! Chapter 26~ Enjoy and thanks a lot for reading!

Comment, Vote, Fan!

Chapter Twenty-Six

Chace Phillips

“Angel? Where are you?!” I shrieked.

Troy and I finally arrived home from Aunt Jessica’s restaurant feeling tired and worried. I shook off my coat and undo my bowtie.  I went upstairs to change into a red t-shirt and some quarter pants.

Since I didn’t have a car, Aunt Jessica offered to drop me and Troy at our mansion. She didn’t question anything, so that was a major relief.

But, when we arrived, she did offer some words of advice. We both took it with no fuss and she let us go.

When I got inside, I couldn’t find anyone, not even mom and Anna. I was hoping that when I came back, I would find Alexis, Zach and my angel there, waiting for me. But strangely, they weren’t there. Did they use a different route and would arrive later than me?

I took out my phone to dial Kaira’s number.  I remembered the last time I call her when I was still at the restaurant, and she sounded really sad and was crying over the phone, begging for forgiveness over what she had done.

Of course, I forgave her. She was my soulmate, and I would love her forever, no matter what. I was just glad that she was honest with me. Although, the way she told me wasn’t on good terms.

That reminded me of that human, Ray kissing my soulmate. I should pay him a decent visit soon. Then, I thought of my mistake and guilt washed over me. Even so, I shook that memory for now and focused once more on finding anyone.

After I told her that I love her, the line went dead and I didn’t try to call her anymore because I know that she was driving and her emotions were unstable. I strained and told myself that I would talk to her soon, at my mansion.

Apparently, I can’t.

My call went into her voicemail. She wasn’t in. That was strange. Just then, a call came to my cell, and I didn’t even check the id as I continued checking the house with Troy.

“Hello? Angel?” I blurted out.

As much I was hoping it was my Kaira, mom’s voice resounded in my ears, “No, dear. It’s me…” she croaked. She sounded disturbed, so I asked her what’s wrong, before she got to continue.

She took a deep breath and I can hear a light sob at the end. I urged her to continue, “It’s Alexis and Mia. They’re hurt. We’re at the pack clinic…”

Troy and I was out of words. Troy and I concluded that, if my little sister were at the clinic, then Kaira and Ally must be there also.  I took my sweater and wore my sneakers by the door with my car keys in hand.

Both of us rushed to the clinic with my car, to see Alexis and Mia on two beds, wounded and unconscious, looking battered. The wounds were healing, but at a slow rate, much to my disdain.

I was beginning to worry, when I still can’t find my soulmate and her brother. This was getting more bizarre by the second.

“What happened, Mom? Anna? How did Alexis and Mia end up here, looking really injured? And where’s Kaira and Zach?” I asked questions after questions to mom.

She can’t answer any of them as she sat there, and sobbed. She was holding Alexis’ arm and Mia’s paw, holding on to them.  Anna was beside her, looking sad with an indigo fur, but trying to console Mom. Even she didn’t give me any answers.