Tᕼᗴ ᑎᗴᗯ Tᖇᑌᗴ ᒍᑌᔕTIᑕᗴ

Shinsou was having a hard time processing what he was hearing. In the past month a dozen abusers and rapists that got off easy or were never prosecuted have been turning up beat and bruised in their homes. Everything about it screamed vigilante. The True Justice vigilante. But, he hasn't struck in years. Disappeared off the face of the planet almost 20 years ago. Hell, the cops didn't even know True Justice was a he and Shinsou wasn't going to tell them now. He wasn't about to go against the silent oath he and his sister made that night. Even all these years later.

"So we have a copycat?"

"I'm almost 100% certain we do. There's stuff at the scene that was never released to the public. Even evidence of the same tech. There's some inconsistencies though. He signs the letters as the New True Justice. The new letters have been compared with the old ones and the handwriting is different.  Either the vigilante suffered an injury that caused their writing to change or this is a different person. Plus, this one takes out at least 12 in one week then won't strike again for two weeks. Most likely spending their time gathering information."

"Could the copycat be a mentee? What does the original case say about physical appearance?"

"Well, when they first appeared we estimated early to mid twenties. Height was around 5'6. Most likely suffered from abuse growing up since they targeted child abusers. The original detectives thought sexual abuse might have also been involved later in life. The first recorded kill credited to them was Tuko Himia almost two years after their first appearance."

"Who the hell pissed the vigilante off so badly to be killed? They had been operating without killing for two years."

"Tuko Himia was the boyfriend of Fuyumi Todoroki. After looking into him and getting statements from Miss Todoroki it was revealed that he was extremely abusive towards her. Physically, mentally, and sexually."

Shinsou freezes. Todoroki? While he had never met Fuyumi he had known Shoto in high school. All the dots started connecting. The boy who saved him had turquoise eyes and red hair. Shoto Todoroki has half red hair and that same eye. Fuyumi Todoroki's boyfriend was the first person True Justice killed. The Todoroki's are connected to this is some way. But how?

Suddenly the phone on the officers desk starts going off. He picks it up and puts it on speaker. It must be a crime scene officer if he's doing so.

"Hello?"

"There's another scene. 934 XXXXX street."

Both men get up and start making their way out. Wondering who the victim is this time. It's been exactly two weeks since the last one turned up. There's going to be at least 11 more.

At the scene

"Who's the victim?" Shinsou asks approaching an officer he doesn't recognize. She's holding a clipboard and examining the injury photos.

"65 year old Haruko Takami. No current children living in the home. Get this, he's the father of Keigo Takami AKA Hawks." She replies. 

"Do we think Hawks was abused?"

"Victim sold Hawks to the Hero Commission at age 5. Severe alcoholic and regular drug user. Great man." She scoffs.

"Any notable injuries on him?"

"Deep claw marks. Almost seems to be made by talons."

"Could Hawks have done this?"

She shakes her head. "His mutation didn't include talons. If it did it would have been noted in his hero file. And, don't you remember? Hawks disappeared 18 years ago while he was undercover. His wings were mailed to his agency a few months after that."