Split Up

Shoto POV

There were reports of a villain attack not far from Midoriya and I were patrolling. We called Bakugo and Kirishima and they agreed to help.

"What villains are there?"  Kirishima asked.

"Dabi and Shigaraki."

He hung up and I started running with Midoriya to the spot.

As soon as we arrived we saw the smoke. There were blue flames everywhere and dust littered on the ground. We heard a sinister laugh. Dabi. I made eye contact with Bakugo who was across the street with Kirishima. He nodded and we sprang into action.

"Finally lured you out. Little Shoto Todoroki."  The villain taunted.

"Long time no see. Where's that so called leader of yours?" I taught right back.

His jaw tightens and I see Kirishima and Bakugo getting out civilians. One refuses to leave.

"Let me stay! I'll show you something no one else has seen!"

The man laughs. Dabi turns to him. Color drains from the unburned part of his face.

Suddenly, the man fires a beam and it hits Dabi square in the chest. Bakugo drags the man away and I see Dabi hunched over on the ground. He is groaning in pain. I look behind me to see Midoriya gaping at something. He points at something and I turn around. When I do there are two figures. One is obviously Dabi while the other, is the exact opposite.

The second figure is in the same clothes and is the same height. But, it has red hair and no burns. It must be Dabi with out any cosmetic changes. Dabi looks to the side.

"What the FUCK!"

The other person screams back.

"WHO ARE YOU?!"

"I THINK YOU'RE PAST ME!"

"I grow up to be a raisin?!" Younger Dabi wails.

"Thanks."

"I made it into UA! Mom was coming home. What happened?"

"Something more important happens. More like someone."

The younger boy is confused. He mumbles under his breath.

"Guess the heat finally got to me."

He looks at his current self with tears in his eyes. Then, Dabi punches him in the face.

"That's for being so fucking weak! That's for not protecting them! You weak son of a bitch!"

The younger Dabi is on the ground and Dabi is about to hand him his ass. I take my chance and jump on Dabi.

"Get off of me stupid hero!"

"Come help Deku!" I call to Midoriya. He hurried over and pins him down. Dabi starts laughing.

"You forgot (laugh) something! SHIGARAKI!"

God damnit.

The younger Dabi scrambled up and runs. I honestly don't care enough to go after him. Someone could die right now.

My body is jerked off of Dabi and I land with a thud. I hear Midoriya land next to me and groan.

I hear Dabi get up laughing even harder.

"Let's go Shiga."

I barley see them enter a black cloud before disappearing. The it hits me. The younger Dabi.

"Deku! The younger Dabi! Maybe if we capture him we can lure out Dabi."

"Yeah. Let's go look for him."

Once they find young Dabi

Midoriya tackles him.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

His eyes land on me. Something lights up in his eyes.

"Shoto? Oh my god. You're so big now."

"You don't know me villain."

"Yes I do! How couldn't I know my baby brother? Oh wish I took you with me now."

"I'm not your brother. I only have one brother."

His face drops.

"Fuyumi didn't keep her promise. No one keeps their fucking promises! Let me guess?! Hawks forgot about me?! His best friend Touya FUCKING Todoroki!"

The boy starts laughing hysterically. Midoriya puts the handcuffs on him. His wild eyes searching my face. Then he gets out of Midoriya's grip and melts the handcuffs. He takes something out of his pocket. A knife.

"Goodbye baby brother. Nice to see you again."

Then he harshly drags the knife across his throat. He collapses. Dead.

I never knew if he was telling the truth. Dabi was found dead that night. Neck cut wide open in the exact manner his younger version was. No answers for me.