goodbye part 3

Endeavor's sentencing (3 months later because trials take goddamn forever)

The police officer takes the paper from one of the juror's hands. I crack my knuckles (force of habit) and wait for the decision. It only took 3 hours for them to decide. It's either because they think he's guilty beyond a doubt, or think he's innocent and the whole family fabricated it to ruin his reputation.

"We the jury in the case of the People vs. Enji Todoroki, find the defendant Enji Todoroki guilty of child abuse and torture with intent to kill. He will serve 20 years in prison without the possibility of parole. After those 20 years the case will be re-evaluated and the defendant will be eligible for parole."

I hold my breath so long that I need a reminder from Aizawa to breathe. Oh my god. He's going to prison. I don't listen to anything else until Aizawa makes me stand up.

"Touya!" A voice calls. It Fuyumi. Her body crashes into me and her arms wrap around me. I hug her back I never want to let go. After a few minutes he lets me go.

"I'm so sorry Fuyumi. I shouldn't have left! I shouldn't have left you will him."

"Touya, if you didn't leave you would be dead. Natsuo knows it, I know it, hell, Shoto knows it."

"R-really? You don't hate me?"

"Of course not. You're my brother. Now. Natsuo wants to see you." 

I look up and see a tall white haired boy looking at me. Even though he's younger he's still taller than me.  I walk up to him and hug him. We break apart after a minute.

"Oh my god you're alive. I thought he killed you."

"He can try."

Natsuo laughs.

"I missed you big bro."

"Missed you too. Seems you got taller than me. Lucky bastard."

"I always knew I would be the tallest."

"You cheated somehow."

"How the hell could I cheat?!" He starts laughing hysterically to the point that I'm wondering if he's okay.

"I'll keep in contact with you.

"You won't have a choice." Aizawa days from behind me.

"Dammit old man! Don't do that!" I say.

"Your sentence ends today Touya. After three months of house arrest you'll be free. You'll probably end up staying with Natsuo or Fuyumi." He says gesturing to them.

"Whats going on?" Fuyumi asks me.

"It's a long story. Let's go somewhere private first. Is that okay Aizawa?"

"I'll get you in one of the back rooms. You're not allowed to leave the building without me so don't leave."

In a private room (Shoto isn't here because he had school and didn't want to be there because he wants everything to stay as normal as possible)

The door shuts and Fuyumi immediately turns to me.

"What's going on Touya?" She demands.

"You guys might wanna sit down for this. It's gonna take a while

They take seats in chairs around the table and I hesitantly remove my mask to reveal my scars.

"Touya, you really were Dabi?" Fuyumi asks.

"Do you hate me? It's okay if you do. I would hate me too."

"Touya, we could never hate you." Natsuo says. "Hell, I would have joined you!"